Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 6 May 22, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nublar
Earning More Ears

Visiting Resorts

Are you able to visit the Disney resorts in your car if youíre not staying there, or do you need a dining reservation? Obviously with the Poly etc itís grand as weíll be at the TTC anyways but just wondering about some of the others

Lake Davenport 2008, Lake Davenport 2010, Chatham Circle 2013, West Coast and Vegas 2014, Indian Point 2015, New York 2016, Emerald Island (Dad's 60th Halloween Surprise) and Cali 2017
Nublar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

The ones with theme park parking and skyliner access are very strict and you will probably be turned away. The others should be OK but it's down to security on the day.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 22, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

You will really struggle to get into the grand flo, boardwalk, Polynesian,contemporary and ones on the skyline route without a dining reservation, as Dr J says it will depend on the security at the other resorts if they let you in
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 07:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Arsenal8
Excited about Disney

You could park at Disney springs and get a Disney bus to the resort and then go on a little tour. Then return to Disney springs to get your car.
Arsenal8 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 07:59 AM  
Link to this Post
Sneeks85
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by Arsenal8 View Post
You could park at Disney springs and get a Disney bus to the resort and then go on a little tour. Then return to Disney springs to get your car.
We did this one night we just wanted a quick visit to MK to save on parking. Parked at the orange garage at DS, bus station is just on the right when you come down the escalators. Bus to Contemporary then 5 min walk to MK, was so easy and saved the trek in the MK car park too 🤣

Would certainly do it again to visit a different resort. Also got the skyliner from Epcot to Riviera one day, again so quick and easy.
Sneeks85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
debsym62
Imagineer

debsym62's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
We love doing a tour round Disney property we park at Disney Springs then hop on a bus either random or a specific place. Last week we went to Coronado Springs stayed for a while then on a bus to Hollywood studios skyliner to a resort then transfer to Epcot, boat from Epcot to Boardwalk walked round to Beach club and bus back to Disney. Great for a day out however for avoiding parking costs it is deliberately too long winded as many more would skip the parking fee possibly making them cut the free parking at Disney Springs.(should say we did not enter any of the parks just used transport)

Edited at 10:43 AM.
debsym62 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

we were staying at AK at Christmas and wanted to go over to Coronado Springs to their quick service for dinner, so we didn't have a reservation we asked the reception at AK if Coronado would let us in to park and they said it depended how busy they were they may let you in or not. At the gate at Coronado they let us in to park as they could see by our Magic Bands that we were staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge so who knows :-)
Old 7 May 22, 01:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Donaldfan
Imagineer

I love resort days, they're how I spend Saturdays. This year I'll be having a qs breakfast at the Polynesian, a light lunch in the lounge at Wilderness Lodge and dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and will be using Disney's transport system. Bus to MK, boat to the Polynesian, monorail back to MK, boat to Wilderness Lodge, bus to Animal Kingdom, bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then to go home a bus to Disney Springs and boat to POFQ
Donaldfan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Donaldfan View Post
I love resort days, they're how I spend Saturdays. This year I'll be having a qs breakfast at the Polynesian, a light lunch in the lounge at Wilderness Lodge and dinner at Animal Kingdom Lodge. I'm staying at Port Orleans French Quarter and will be using Disney's transport system. Bus to MK, boat to the Polynesian, monorail back to MK, boat to Wilderness Lodge, bus to Animal Kingdom, bus to Animal Kingdom Lodge. Then to go home a bus to Disney Springs and boat to POFQ
A fantastic way to spend a Saturday! I'm not at all jealous
landandword17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 22, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Crisps
Gone all Goofy

Although our trip is a year away (almost exactly!) Iím planning on a Disney resort hop tour even though we arenít doing the Disney parks. Iím thinking of Ubering (we donít drive) in to the TTC for the monorail resorts, then getting a bus from one of them to Hollywood Studios to pick up the Skyliner resorts before working our way back via Disney Springs. Iím one of those weirdos who loves noseying around hotels lol and my travelling companion is interested in transport rides and is very interested in the Skyliner and the Monorail so this kills two birds with one stone.
Crisps is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List