Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 8 May 22, 11:44 PM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Car hire advice

With my ba booking I have a Kia Soul booked.

It’s apparently a tiny car. I’ve got a quote of £1200 to upgrade it to a mid sized suv.

It’s with avis

We are a family of four who will have 4 cases and hand luggage so will need a bigger car.

Looking for anyone with experience of upgrades at the garage in mco. Do they offer a decent rate or should I book before I go.

Fwiw it’s £1200 for 19 days.
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post
Sandraoh40
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I’m sorry I can’t help with the cost of upgrading but if the car will be fine for the 4 of you, I would get the non driver adult to take the luggage to your accommodation in a taxi. It would save a fortune if it’s doable.
Old 9 May 22, 12:37 AM  
Link to this Post
tommys
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

tommys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Might be better to get a price off Andy we are here now and paid £750 for a full-size car for 3 weeks
tommys is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by tommys View Post
Might be better to get a price off Andy we are here now and paid £750 for a full-size car for 3 weeks
Thanks.

Who is Andy?
papasmurf is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 06:57 AM  
Link to this Post
papasmurf
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
I’m sorry I can’t help with the cost of upgrading but if the car will be fine for the 4 of you, I would get the non driver adult to take the luggage to your accommodation in a taxi. It would save a fortune if it’s doable.
That is an option
Old 9 May 22, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Mattuce
Looking for my Ears

Originally Posted by papasmurf View Post
Thanks.

Who is Andy?

Discount Florida Car Hire
Mattuce is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 22, 07:39 PM  
Link to this Post
dgsgc
Being a bit Goofy

Originally Posted by Sandraoh40 View Post
This is absolutely genius.
dgsgc is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 May 22, 09:55 AM  
Link to this Post
macgasbp
Apprentice Imagineer

I'm not sure when you plan to travel but like many others who have booked thru Andy(DFCH) we have booked with no payment upfront and when the prices drop you can amend booking to the lower price. I had booked a mid SUV for next month and I think it was £999 now booked a full size SUV for £933 plus looking at the dates the closer to pick-up time the cheaper its getting. The 2 weeks prior to my date the same car is £790 ! so patiently waiting to pull the trigger hopefully next week
macgasbp is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List