Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 9 May 22, 06:50 AM  
Link to this Post
Bully1985
Trying for More Ears

Cocoa beach

Is it worth driving over an hour for a visit ?

Thanks
Bully1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 07:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Pep
Imagineer

Yes if you like the beach it's an easy drive.
Pep is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
weeleighluigi
Imagineer

Yeah! If you time it right too, you can be there for a rocket launch

Please wear shoes on the sand... it will literally blister your feet!
weeleighluigi is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Been visiting Florida for over 20 years and never been to Cocoa Beach!
We'll be going for the first time this trip!
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 12:58 PM  
Link to this Post
WhereIBelong
Imagineer

We started going when the kids were very young so they could wave at Granny and Grandpa from the other side of the ocean...

there is nothing cuter than the video of them on my husband's shoulders, 4 and 5 years old, waving like mad, saying " look daddy, look, I see Grandpa waving too"

(Bloomin good eyesight! )

We usually go for an hour or so after a Kennedy Space Centre visit.
WhereIBelong is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 01:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Bully1985
Trying for More Ears

Aww that’s a lovely memory
Bully1985 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 04:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Powlay
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 4
We did cocoa beach for the first time in our fourteen visits only yesterday!

Just over a hour from international drive with three toll booths on route. Cash was $2.75, $1.25 and $1.50

We followed the sign but really had no idea what I was doing just looking for parking. Finally saw a sign so went to u-turn only to see lots of cars going down another side lane so followed them parking was by a card only parking meter $3.50 a hour and all day was $15

Public restrooms were 1000 feet away and the beach was very busy (it was Mother’s Day)

We just had towels and not much else so found a space Easy

The Americans were well armed! Gazebos, tables, chairs, tents, boogie boards.

There is some shingle between the beach and the ocean. Not enough to cause an issue but for little or delicate feet it may. Also the sand was... freaking hot! So flip flops or beach shoes a good call.

Into the ocean and it doesn’t drop off very quick, I was easily 100m out and the water was at my neck.

One thing I did notice was there were no inflatables. Which is a good thing because the wind blows out to water so it wouldn’t be advisable.

Lots of ball throwing, boogie boarding, even the odd sideboard.

Brilliant few hours when we come again with the kids were going to bring a cool box, do a picnic and make a day of it.
Old 9 May 22, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
deanobrown
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Powlay View Post
We did cocoa beach for the first time in our fourteen visits only yesterday!

Just over a hour from international drive with three toll booths on route. Cash was $2.75, $1.25 and $1.50

We followed the sign but really had no idea what I was doing just looking for parking. Finally saw a sign so went to u-turn only to see lots of cars going down another side lane so followed them parking was by a card only parking meter $3.50 a hour and all day was $15

Public restrooms were 1000 feet away and the beach was very busy (it was Mother’s Day)

We just had towels and not much else so found a space Easy

The Americans were well armed! Gazebos, tables, chairs, tents, boogie boards.

There is some shingle between the beach and the ocean. Not enough to cause an issue but for little or delicate feet it may. Also the sand was... freaking hot! So flip flops or beach shoes a good call.

Into the ocean and it doesn’t drop off very quick, I was easily 100m out and the water was at my neck.

One thing I did notice was there were no inflatables. Which is a good thing because the wind blows out to water so it wouldn’t be advisable.

Lots of ball throwing, boogie boarding, even the odd sideboard.

Brilliant few hours when we come again with the kids were going to bring a cool box, do a picnic and make a day of it.
Sounds great!

Does anybody have any nice food recommendations?
deanobrown is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Senseicads
Earning More Ears

Originally Posted by weeleighluigi View Post
Yeah! If you time it right too, you can be there for a rocket launch
how far away are the launches? Can you hear them from there?
Senseicads is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 May 22, 07:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

We always go to Cocoa Beach and love walking to the pier and having a bud and like others have said it's only about 1 hours drive away from Int drive
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List