Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 May 22, 09:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparkle1
First POST

Room occupancy

We are a family of 6 adults 1 child and 2 infants.
Looking at best and cheapest options for Disney resort hotels
Thought about family room with adjacent standard room ?
Sparkle1 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 07:37 AM  
Link to this Post
Merryweather17
Apprentice Imagineer

Depending on the ages of the infants and how many families are within your group you may need 3 rooms. Cheapest are always the value resorts and they do have larger family suites but these are located in separate buildings to the standard rooms. Only ASMusic and AoA have the family suites and they are often the same or higher cost than 2 standard rooms so bear in mind that larger room with more sharing does not necessarily mean cheaper price. The distance between the standard and family rooms may be an issue for you, for instance at AoA all the standard rooms are in the Little Mermaid section, the closest family suites are in the Lion King section (3-10 minute walk depending on which building and end of the corridor you are at), while the Cars section is right across the resort which is more like 10-20 minute walk from room to room. If you are looking for proximity you can also request adjoining rooms rather than adjacent with connecting doors between 2 rooms. I am not aware of any rooms in disney that connect to 2 others, but at least 2 groups could have rooms that connect saving people the need to go outside. Connecting rooms are very common in the value resorts (no experience of moderates of deluxe other than DVC) and if you made it clear that this request was to keep a family together I am sure disney would do their best to make it happen - we requested and got it 3/3 times.
Others will ask so I feel I may as well - would a larger property offsite or even a couple of smaller condos work better for you? If this is something you would consider please look at Club Wyndham at Bonnet Creek this is in the middle of disney world and has larger rooms that would suit your part much better for a very similar price to values onsite. DVC is also an option but even renting points this works out more like moderate prices than value, though in anything 1 bed or larger you would get a full kitchen including washer and dryer and the ability to have a connecting 2 bedroom suite that is a lock-off so a one bedroom plus a separate second bedroom area that is fully separate.
Have also just noticed this is your first post, welcome to the Dibb.

Edited at 07:40 AM.
Merryweather17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 22, 08:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

We are 6 its not easy or cheap for that number, we haven't stayed at any of the value resorts with the rooms for 6, we have done a 2 bed at OKW but that is quite pricey you could try renting points off someone for that or any other dvc property the great thing then is you have a kitchen and a washing machine so you can make easy cheap breakfasts etc, or 2 interconnecting rooms at Coronado Springs was great. We have just bought dvc for this very reason my husband and I don't like sharing a queen size bed with my daughter sprawled out in the one next to us :-)