Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 May 22, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
shepherdypie
VIP Dibber

Heathrow

Anyone flown out of Heathrow recently? T3

Wondered what queues were like!
Old 24 May 22, 10:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Tinks2014
Imagineer

We flew out of Heathrow terminal 3 end of April. We flew back into Heathrow 13th May. We had no trouble with check in or security. Coming back was painless too apart from post holiday blues .
Tinks2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 03:51 AM  
Link to this Post
roxie2001
Imagineer

We went 10th May.(BA) Checked in online 24 hours before then had our documents checked and bags dropped the night before.
Very easy and efficient.
Didn’t see a queue at check in on day of flight either.
Security didn’t take long. Busy in terminal but had a meal before we left.
roxie2001 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 04:07 AM  
Link to this Post
kateh134
Imagineer

We flew out last Monday and it was all OK. The longest queue was fast track security, but that was only 10 minutes and mainly because people weren’t prepared when they got to the front of the queue. We thought it was busy once through departures, compared to a trip we did the previous month.
Old 25 May 22, 05:57 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

Mobile

I will let you know later. Currently in the Aerotel, which is lovely btw.

Uploaded all the documents via Ba site yesterday, checked and verified within about an hour and then checked in online. Have boarding passes on my phone and can do bag drop.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Wismgari
Imagineer

Looks like I was unlucky... Flew out on 25 April with virgin. 30 min line to check in/ bag drop in premium. We had done all our documents in advance. Then an hour's line at security. They were pulling people out of the line whose flights were due to leave soon. I was impressed the line moved quickly though, it looked a lot longer than an hour when we joined it!

Then flew back on 15th may. Line looked long at passport control but moved fairly quickly. We were through in 20 minutes, but we were one of the first ones off. Then had an hour's wait for our bags. Then waited 30 mins for the long stay shuttle bus which was due to come every 10 minutes! Took longer to get through Heathrow in both directions than LAX!
Wismgari is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:23 AM  
Link to this Post
Claudette
VIP Dibber

DH and I flew on different days / flights recently. He flew in and out of T3 and I landed in T3 but I flew from Gatwick.

DH did not report any issues flying out from T3, but he went hand luggage only so he didn’t need to join check in or bag drop, no reported issues at security though.

On the way back into the UK, my goodness I have not seen an immigration queue like that anywhere for a very very long time, I am thinking in ten or fifteen years! Fortunately it was a queue for the booths not for a person at a desk, so it did keep moving which makes it better I think. After I got through that, I went to the loo and then collected my bag more or less straight away.
Claudette is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 08:51 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
We were through bag drop and security within 30 minutes a few weeks ago
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post
LLamb
Imagineer

This morning with BA bag drop took about 10 min and then security was about 15 min. All very easy.

We did bag drop at 9.20am for 13.30 flight.
Now sat in the no1 lounge (which is apparently at capacity) there are quite a few people in here but it’s quiet and calm. The main terminal is very busy.
LLamb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 02:47 PM  
Link to this Post
richard29
Apprentice Imagineer

We breezed through check-in and security on the 1st May and just walked through automated passport check coming back on the 23rd May.

Had to wait 10 mins for the luggage to come off, the stars must have aligned as all of our bags came off first and together!

I'd say it was the easiest trip through an airport we've done in years.