Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 May 22, 10:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Pumpkin Pie
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Floridadreams View Post
I just cannot begin to comprehend this. Those poor babies 😢 and their teachers! The gun lobby have already started up, such is their deep held belief 😡
What will it take before the US stands up and gets rid of this archaic “right”? What about those children’s right to live and be safe? What about their parents right to expect their children to come home from school? And what about the teachers right to have a safe workplace? I will never get this!
Trouble is many of these parents could own guns themselves.
Pumpkin Pie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
It is horrifying and heartbreaking. When you look at the laws that were implemented in Australia regarding guns after the Port Arthur Massacre, there is something that can be done should the American Government really want to. I can only imagine how scary it must be sending your kids to school in the U.S. and not knowing if they will make it safely home.

Whilst I can understand that people feel they have they right to bear arms, I certainly don’t believe anyone other than the military need to have access to automatic weapons.

Edited at 10:08 AM.
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:12 AM  
Link to this Post
GoldenAvalanche
Imagineer

It’s hard to fathom the political ideology of those who believe so ardently in gun ownership often align themselves to being so called “pro-life”. The irony is completely lost on them isn’t it.

If they spent as much time considering the lives of those already on this earth as they do on trying to police women’s bodies, they may actually begin to solve this horrendous issue.
GoldenAvalanche is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
grant_w
Imagineer

grant_w's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
The amount of people I saw in theme parks wearing AR-15 "It's our right" t-shirts is terrifying. They'll never change
grant_w is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Princess Alison
Imagineer

Originally Posted by grant_w View Post
The amount of people I saw in theme parks wearing AR-15 "It's our right" t-shirts is terrifying. They'll never change
And this in the parks too!
Princess Alison is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I don't think the US is actually that progressive. Just look at how they have went on about Roe vs Wade and women's right to chose what to do with their own bodies. Its like the US is going back to the 1940's.
Actually now I have thought about it I think you are right Lev. It’s quite shocking.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 10:46 AM  
Link to this Post
HORSE
Imagineer

10 days since the last mass shooting, it’s become so commonplace in America and there’s still absolutely zero chance of the Democrats getting any gun control laws passed.
HORSE is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:06 AM  
Link to this Post
Pino_Spetzberg
Imagineer

Originally Posted by levtweeney View Post
I don't think the US is actually that progressive.
Its like the US is going back to the 1940's.
1860s.
Never left.

Millions of Americans do not believe Democratic Party are a legitimate administration.
With that perspective they see Biden and Harris seizing every opportunity to attack 2A.
Then there are the conspiratorials who believe these massacres are not only seized upon but constructed.

Trump is speaking at an NRA event this weekend.
Both sides will exploit the suffering of the victims.

2A.
Bodily autonomy.
Climate crisis.

Divided America.

Born that way.
Still the same.
Pino_Spetzberg is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:16 AM  
Link to this Post
DisneyStacey
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Just sat here sobbing, struggling to find any words.
Being asked to provide DNA samples as opposed to photographs, knowing what that must mean.
Just heartbreaking.
And heartbreaking that again nothing will change.
DisneyStacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 22, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post

A more hypocritical national there has never been.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List