Notices
Disneyland Paris Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 4 May 19, 05:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Springtime in Paris and DLP part 3 - Photos and Reflections

Well, we think we've remembered how to put up the photos, so here goes! There might be quite a few...

Iconic Paris first

This was the Montparnesse Tower where we had breakfast on the 56th floor, great views.

This was the lovely street market on a Saturday morning.

Luxembourg Gardens, great place to stroll or have a picnic lunch
The pond yachts

Notre Dame 2 days before the fire, so pretty with all the blossom

Couldn't resist the Disney Store in the Champs Elysse!

This was a newly opened restaurant which had the most enormous queue going right around the corner. Just loved all the decorative baskets and household items!

Next up is our last lunch, delicious Croque Monsieur for me, yum!

Now for Disneyland and Walt's Studios

Love the architecture and stained glass of the Castle, beautiful.

Top scorer

On the way back to Sequoia Lodge, we came across some Marvel Characters beside the closed New York hotel.
We had a lovely Bambi themed room too.

Didn't have too many photos of the Studios, here's a few!

Loved the Parachute Ride

Last photo of the Balloon at 7.30am on the way to the train station

Final thoughts

Loved Paris, there was so much to see and do for free in the 2 days we had. We found getting about really easy, didn't notice the miles walked until we got back to the hotel in the evenings, but we felt okay.We got used to the train ticket machines, used a mix of cash and card.
Eating out was a mix of cheap and expensive, the most cost 108 euro for 4 of us but included 2 glasses of wine which was in fact cheaper that 2 soft drinks. We found we could get a meal deal at the Patisseries, the bagettes being HUGE, so lasted for breakfast. We also got a few snacks, wine, milk and cakes from the supermarket too.

As previously posted, this was my 1st trip to DLP for 10 years. We had 3 nights at Sequoia which I liked. Thought the rooms were fine for our needs, the food was very good.
Although I enjoyed Disneyland Park I really didn't like the Studios, felt it was outdated and small. Going the week before Easter as I work in a school, meant we had to tackle the busy parks and they were very busy!

Having been lucky enough to go to WDW several times and to California Disneyland twice, I do prefer those parks to DLP.
I don't think I'll be heading back to DLP anytime soon unless there are big changes, I'd rather save up the money (as DLP isn't cheap) and go back to WDW!
Hope you enjoyed the photos.

Edited at 05:19 PM.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 19, 06:26 PM  
Link to this Post
candycat75
Imagineer

candycat75's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great photos!
Old 7 May 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you, had so many to chhose from! Will be planning a photo book at some point.
Mrs Red C is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney Wishing
slightly serious Dibber

Great photos and nice trip report. Thanks for sharing.
DCL: '14 Disney Magic.
Disney Wishing is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 02:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Your welcome, thanks gor reading! 😀
Old 6 Jun 19, 07:35 AM  
Link to this Post
kl is excited
Excited about Disney

Loved reading your trip report. We are going to DLP in December for my hubbys 60th birthday, neither of us has been before so are both really looking forward to it. We have been WDW 6 times the last time being last Oct/Nov. (I hope we aren’t disappointed) We are going to go into Paris to do some sightseeing on one of our days and I liked the look of Montparnasse tower so might visit there, thanks for sharing this as I hadn’t heard of it before. You have some lovely photos, can’t wait to see the places for ourselves. Thanks again for sharing.
kl is excited is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 19, 08:10 AM  
Link to this Post
Mrs Red C
Imagineer

Mobile

Thank you! I'd never heard of the Montparnasse Tower either, but it was great. Not exactly cheap but we had the set breakfast, abt 15 euro (?) Best to book it beforehand as 4 people in our lift didn't have a reservation and were turned away at 9.30am. Hope you have a good trip!