Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 12 Nov 19, 10:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Me three, The Poly was our first deluxe back in 2004. Kona Cafe was great, 'Ohana good and the staff very friendly. We spent a lot (170 nights+) of time and money staying Club level there 2 or 3 times a year but slowly, as message boards spread the word about pool hopping and easy access to the beach for fireworks and the popularity of 'Ohana exploded, the experience level dropped and the price went up. We decided it was time for a change. It was no joke paying $900 a night to share your patio on NYE with half of I drive.

I'm glad you enjoyed it though and if the restaurants improve I would like to give it another go for old times sake.
Or your patio furniture appearing in your room for 2 days to stop guests from taking it on to the beach...
Old 12 Nov 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Rescuer View Post
Or your patio furniture appearing in your room for 2 days to stop guests from taking it on to the beach...
first time I saw that happen I wondered what they were up to. I was looking out from our balcony before we went for dinner and the rooms below were stashing the chairs before they could go out
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Nov 19, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
MFras23
Imagineer

MFras23's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 11

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 20
Guidebook Reviews: 15
Mobile

I will be honest we loved the yacht club when we went this summer! I would stay there again in a heartbeat. The only deluxe left that we really want to do is WL but it has always been just too expensive for us... maybe 2021?!
Old 16 Nov 19, 11:21 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

We would love the chance to stay at the Poly it’s part of Walt’s original vision and he had so many plans for WDW. The room sizes were generous back then and have stood the tests of time. It’s so close to MK and the construction of the resort and Contemporary Resort are well documented in the D23 archives. It has adapted over the years and I really which they had not added the waterfront bungalows they spoil the views of the fireworks a little for all the other guests around them at night. It’s still different in style to all the other onsite properties and I really wish they only allowed onsite guests to be able to book meals there. It gets very overcrowded in the summer in the restaurants areas. I don’t think Walt could envision the huge amount of strollers and ECVs that would end up in the parks and resorts. There never seems to be enough space to move them all out of the walkways but still be reachable for those who need them.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We stayed 11 nights in poly in may 2019, the room was poor and not up to the standard of a delux. I tend to agree about the split building deluxes, they tend to feel more like moderates. We almost paid £11k to stay in contemporary until we found it it was in the garden rooms. We stayed in beach club in 2017 and it was amazing however it just after the refurb.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
LeedsDisneyGeek
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

We stayed 11 nights in poly in may 2019, the room was poor and not up to the standard of a delux. I tend to agree about the split building deluxes, they tend to feel more like moderates. We almost paid £11k to stay in contemporary until we found it it was in the garden rooms. We stayed in beach club in 2017 and it was amazing however it just after the refurb.
LeedsDisneyGeek is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Funny how people have different perceptions. I’ve seen a lot of criticism of Beach and Yacht recently (non DVC rooms, the DVC rooms are great), some saying they are great, some hammering Poly for being run down and not great, and some saying Poly is great. Personally I’ve found every DVC I’ve stopped in to be good standard, smattered with everything from excellent to, rarely, slightly sub par service.

Edited at 02:20 PM.
YorkshireT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 03:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Rescuer
VIP Dibber

Rescuer's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 6
I had no issue with the rooms at the Poly. I didn’t like how over run with people it was, this was also before the pool was gated plus we stayed over the 4th July. I was less than impressed when they brought in all the patio furniture into the rooms for 2 days to avoid visitors stealing them and taking them to the beach to watch the fireworks.

Contemporary theme park view was awesome, we were going to book the GF last Christmas, standard view outer building and then we discovered contemporary theme park view was the same price.

Yorkshire T is so right though, everybody likes different things.

Edited at 03:36 PM.
Rescuer is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jan 20, 11:56 PM  
Link to this Post
disneydaft83
Trainee Dibber

It is funny how polarising the deluxes are! The poly was my bucket list resort until we ate there. I hated how busy it was and the long wait to be seated. The CMs we came across were all grumpy and harassed too. I also don't like the split building set up. Our first trip was at BC and we loved it. Beautiful resort, helpful and friendly staff, relaxed feel and best location on property. We tried WL next after rave reviews on here and I've never been more disappointed. One lift and the toilets at roaring fork were out of order for the whole two weeks, signage was terrible, I got food poisoning from roaring fork on day 2 and lost 4 days of the holiday. During that time I was too ill to get out of bed and a Male cm insisted on inspecting our room while my husband was out, I felt so vulnerable and uncomfortable. Housekeeping also phoned to chase us out of our room by 10am every day, even when I was ill. We were also plagued by mosquitoes and couldn't use our fireworks view balcony at night. So it's been back to BC for us since. We always feel so well looked after there. Trying YC for our 10th anniversary this year and I'm sure we'll be just as pleased.
disneydaft83 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List