Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 3 Oct 19, 10:01 AM  
Link to this Post
1stTimeWDWVisit
New Poster (2)

:) First Trip to WDW

Hi there - just booked my first holiday to Orlando - so excited! Travelling from the UK with my husband and two teenage daughters. Have flights and hotel booked - now looking at scheduling my itinerary. We're going 5-21 August so I'm well aware it'll be mega busy. We are staying at the Margaritaville, so won't have access to Magic hours and have been advised to avoid the parks when they have magic hours in the morning - but what if the estimation calendars show these parks to be relatively quiet on these days? I'd be grateful for the advice from you experienced Disney goers
1stTimeWDWVisit is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Oct 19, 01:18 PM  
Link to this Post
KymmieAKiss
Apprentice Imagineer

KymmieAKiss's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Hello!

The extra magic hours in the morning thing alot of people use to get on the big rides.
Ive always used the busy day guide and its always been pretty accurate for me.

I havent stayed on site in a while so i havent had the extra magic hours and it hasn't affected me regardless what park it is
Hope that helps

DVC member since Sept '18
Youtube - Kymmieakiss
KymmieAKiss is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Trueblue88
Apprentice Imagineer

Enjoy your hol and you will get lots of advice on here
Trueblue88 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 19, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vampiress88
Imagineer

Mobile

We stay offsite so don’t do the morning hours instead we tend to avoid those. I used touringplans and busy day guide on here. They do change though so I never finalise my plans until 30days before when my fastpass window opens.
With all the guides I use we have alway found it quite good in the parks.

I do make lists prior to the 30 days. Usually how many other days what won’t be Disney and how I would want to try and arrange them. I usually do one day park one day off etc.
Make a list of all the restaurants I want to try and which ones I need to subscribe to for coupons. Also a list of rides we must do and ones that are extra. Although we did almost everything we did miss a few this year. There are some we went on like it’s a small world as it’s a classic and had to be done but as we are going back 11 months later we won’t be doing it again on the next holiday etc but we missed tower of terror so that’s top of the list.
I also ask my kids to chose three characters they have to see and three rides. That way I have covered the most important things
vampiress88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Oct 19, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post
i_am_armo
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Try to plan as best as you can but remember the main number 1 rule of Disney.
Enjoy yourself.

i_am_armo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 19, 03:01 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
How exciting! As a general rule it gets busy with extra magic hours but I wouldn't say it makes a huge difference, we have never paid to much attention to this and usually just go where we want to! Happy planning
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List