Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 7 Nov 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile Universal endless summer

Just booked a 14 night stay at endless summer for 2021. Has anyone stayed there yet and what's the prices like for food? Booked a suite.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 04:22 AM  
Link to this Post
sutheli
slightly serious Dibber

We drove past yesterday it just looks like a huge building site.
sutheli is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 09:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Endless summer surf side is finished and not a building site, however the new hotel next door which is endless summer Dockside is not due for completion until April 2020.

We are staying at surf side in May 2020 and really looking forward to it, there is a Facebook group called endless summer fans, which gives up to date ‘reporting’ by people staying there, mostly brits. Some people report noise from other rooms and suggest a high floor, so I have just put a request in for that.

For the price it looks great, but we did a split stay with 8 nights at Aventura just in case we don’t love it.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 02:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Peacemaker
Very Serious Dibber

We stayed last week in a 2 bed and really liked it. It was much better than I thought it would be. Rooms are really nice, and perfect for families. Great location on idrive and very frequent buses to universal, never waited for a bus. The pool was great for our kids as it is not deep, plenty of seating. Staff all helpful & friendly. Food is ok nothing special, overpriced but still cheaper than similar food in the parks and at the other universal hotels.
Peacemaker is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Hiya Rachv38,
If you go to YouTube and look for The Despicable Three they have just come back from Endless Summer and do a couple of videos/reviews about it so you will get a rough idea of what it is like. From memory they were not too impressed with the food options and suggested just hitting I-Drive instead
Old 8 Nov 19, 06:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Minion71
Getting Excited

Mobile

We are going back next year after 12 night in August. Food mains around $10 maximum but options all around hotel. Subway pizza steak restaurants. Applebees 2 minutes away and the I drive bus to The Point. Great location
Minion71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Nov 19, 07:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Rachv38
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thanks did Disney this year for 3 weeks so thought we'd try universal but may end up doing Disney again too. As we have a suite thought we'd have breakfast in room and then make sandwiches up etc for parks and then get a meal later on. Would you say $100 a day will be ok for main meal for 4 of us? We've paid £4900 Flying from Doncaster which I thought was a good price for Aug but others seem to think it's too much. I'm just pleased to be going back. Are the main shops not far away? Sorry for all questions.
Rachv38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Geordie Al
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Rachv38 View Post
Thanks did Disney this year for 3 weeks so thought we'd try universal but may end up doing Disney again too. As we have a suite thought we'd have breakfast in room and then make sandwiches up etc for parks and then get a meal later on. Would you say $100 a day will be ok for main meal for 4 of us? We've paid £4900 Flying from Doncaster which I thought was a good price for Aug but others seem to think it's too much. I'm just pleased to be going back. Are the main shops not far away? Sorry for all questions.
No problem at all.
Endless Summer is where the old Wet n Wild used to be so you are at the top end of I Drive. There are a number of restaurants within a 5 minute walk or so. If you have hired a car then the world is your oyster. The I drive Outlets are just up the road as well. There is a Walmart on Turkey Lake Road which is a 10 minute drive away.
For the cost of a meal out for four, depending on where you go, $100 should be fine as most main courses seem to retail between $15-$20 on average.
And finally if you are happy with the price you paid for the holiday do not let anyone persuade you otherwise. For what its worth, I think a package holiday to Orlando in the school holidays from a regional airport for £4900 seems reasonable to me.
Look forward to it and enjoy the planning!
Old 9 Nov 19, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
Ivegottadream
VIP Dibber

Mobile

I like the look of this for next August. Who would you recommend to book with? I've just sorted flights this morning.
Ivegottadream is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 19, 12:06 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

I went for a mooch in summer, having booked it and then swapped for Aventura.
The hotel itself is really nice, it’s a bit utilitarian in the way it is built but it’s done well.
I cannot comment on the noise issues etc as I did not stay there.
I did not like the area it was in. Pawn shops etc around, just looks a bit run down.
Having visited, would I stay? Difficult one. If you need space, and the two bed (which we had booked), and are on a budget, yes possibly.
But having stayed in Aventura, I would go back there in a heartbeat, but I had to book two connecting rooms to get the same sort of space. So I think it was about £60 a night more overall.
But I definitely found it worth it. Not only could you walk into Volcano Bay in 5 mins, but there’s a lovely walkway to the parks, or the boat.
It’s also in a very smart area.
If I just needed a single standard room, no way for the price difference would I pick ES over Aventura, but again I am not on a tight budget but the price difference of a single standard room over ES when you compare the hotel and location makes it an easy choice for me.
For the money unless I wanted the unlimited fastpass thing, I’d certainly book Aventura over Hard Rock which I also liked very much.

Edited at 12:08 PM.
YorkshireT is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List