Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 20 Nov 19, 11:01 AM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Loulou127 View Post
Not judging here, but doesn’t anyone peg their washing out?

I appreciate it’s difficult sometimes due to the weather but it’s definitely cheaper and kinder on the planet x
Because I live in London and I don’t want my clean laundry to smell of fumes. I have a large verandah so In theory I could but no way - I electric dry on the airer or tumble every load.
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 02:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

Originally Posted by megaflyer View Post
Because I live in London and I don’t want my clean laundry to smell of fumes. I have a large verandah so In theory I could but no way - I electric dry on the airer or tumble every load.
That’s fair enough, I live by the seaside with lots of sea breezes to help dry my washing, I totally understand that’s not the case for everyone x
Loulou127 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Angelina
Apprentice Imagineer

I appreciate it’s difficult sometimes due to the weather but it’s definitely cheaper and kinder on the planet x
I never dry clothes in the drier. In the summer towels, bed linen always go out on the line, then a quick finish for towels in the drier.

Even in winter, if its a dry day, I put washing out on the line.

Just mainly use the drier in winter for towels and bedding only. Clothes goes on the airer.
Angelina is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 03:29 PM  
Link to this Post
megaflyer
Imagineer

Mobile

That’s fair enough, I live by the seaside with lots of sea breezes to help dry my washing, I totally understand that’s not the case for everyone x
Sounds ideal - I want to retire by the sea and then will definitely hang my sheets out - can’t beat sea air
megaflyer is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 04:33 PM  
Link to this Post
marypoppins38
Imagineer

Im very jealous! I bet your washing smells so gorgeous and fresh.
marypoppins38 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
paw
Imagineer

We live at the seaside and I hardly ever use my line. Seagulls! Make the biggest mess and my washing regularly gets direct hits. I dry inside, either on an airer or tumble drier for bedding and towels. We have a Hoover Dynamic condenser drier which is about 4 years old. It officially takes longer than our last drier and is not as controllable. Once started the time quickly reduces according to the weight of the load and how wet it is. I tend to take stuff out after 30 minutes anyway and it’s usually dry enough to put in the airing cupboard.
paw is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
RachaelC
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Because I work full time so am barely at home!

I don’t tumble dry everything, I do hang most things on rails in my utility cupboard and over my bath.
RachaelC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 19, 07:21 PM  
Link to this Post
boo2
Imagineer

boo2's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
I’ve got a Bosch HP dryer, it does take longer than our previous vented drier but not nearly as long as yours seems to take. Probably about 1.5 hours, I knew before I bought it that it would take longer but only use it in the winter, it’s only me and DH usually so it’s not on that often.
Hope you get yours sorted

Edited at 07:26 PM.
boo2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List