Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 5 Dec 19, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
I have asked DD this and she says it's unconditional no matter where she puts it. It's an unconditional unconditional offer.

)
That's very good then for your daughter, although I am very surprised as I really thought that Lincoln, who do seem to give quite a few unconditionals, have stated this.

Although my daughter was very happy to forfeit her other offers to put Lincoln as her first choice, it really is a method of bribery for the students which universities are quite often doing now.

Good luck to your daughter with her choices.
1972 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by 1972 View Post
That's very good then for your daughter, although I am very surprised as I really thought that Lincoln, who do seem to give quite a few unconditionals, have stated this.

Although my daughter was very happy to forfeit her other offers to put Lincoln as her first choice, it really is a method of bribery for the students which universities are quite often doing now.

Good luck to your daughter with her choices.
Thanks.

And I'll check with her again about that unconditional offer. She may have got it wrong.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

DD has now received 5 interview invitations for Occupational Therapy. She has the first one next week in Huddersfield and the other 4 after Christmas. She is really pleased as she wasn't expecting to get them all.

Its beginning to feel very real now!

Has anyone else had any Health related course interviews and able to give any advice / tips?

Wishing everyone's children good luck for their interviews
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 02:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Cha cha View Post
Edit: My dd applied for - Applied Zoology as that’s the area she’d love to work in.
Dd’s was unconditional too which she’s really happy about.

I liked Harper Adams had a nice feel to it.

😊
Yes it does have a nice feel to it. It's small and very friendly.

We know a friend whose daughter is currently at Harper Adams and she likes it there. She says they are very supportive. And I like the idea of a year's placement in the third year.

Personally, I'm not sure whether I'd want to study there myself though. It is a little out of the way and I preferred somewhere closer to a major town or city. Plus its a bit 'rural' (although that does fit well with the subjects taught there).

Still, it's relatively easy for us to drive there, so there's that.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Dec 19, 11:15 PM  
Link to this Post
coastergirls
VIP Dibber

coastergirls's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4
Offers seem to be coming in for folks in England . Our cut off date in Scotland is sometime in December I think . My daughter finished hers last week and she got two unconditional offers today for Dundee uni her top choice .
She was offered Biological chemistry and drug discovery and molecular genetics. She will accept Drug discovery and won’t wait for any others to come in . They were back up . Dundee is top uni for science and even if we didn’t live on its doorstep it would have been her first choice.
She has chronic illnesses but we are hoping she will live in student campus rather than live at home and travel .
She was keen to study medicine and has the grades but unfortunately she doesn’t have the health to do it at This time . Fingers crossed for everyone else. 🤞
Old 7 Dec 19, 09:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Cha cha
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
Yes it does have a nice feel to it. It's small and very friendly.

We know a friend whose daughter is currently at Harper Adams and she likes it there. She says they are very supportive. And I like the idea of a year's placement in the third year.

Personally, I'm not sure whether I'd want to study there myself though. It is a little out of the way and I preferred somewhere closer to a major town or city. Plus its a bit 'rural' (although that does fit well with the subjects taught there).

Still, it's relatively easy for us to drive there, so there's that.
It really is rural isn’t it. Like you it probably wouldn’t be for me but dd likes it.
It’s a 3 hour journey from here to Harper Adams, but it’s a lot closer than a couple of dd’s other choices(Exeter & Swansea) 😆
Dd also applied to Reading which she also liked, so hoping she’ll get offered a place there too.
😊
Cha cha is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
DD has now received 5 interview invitations for Occupational Therapy. She has the first one next week in Huddersfield and the other 4 after Christmas. She is really pleased as she wasn't expecting to get them all.

Its beginning to feel very real now!

Has anyone else had any Health related course interviews and able to give any advice / tips?

Wishing everyone's children good luck for their interviews
My DD started radiotherapy with oncology this September so has her interviews at the beginning of the year.
They all asked the obvious question of why.
She had done a day at the Christie cancer clinic so was able to talk about that
Even though it isn’t classed as nursing look over the patient care on nursing sites
They want to see enthusiasm for the chosen course and that they understand what they want out of it.
My DD is at Sheffield uni and is currently in Newcastle doing her 1st placement and is loving it.
Good luck to your daughter x
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 04:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

Thanks Dubletrub. Will tell DD to have a look at some patient care information. Sheffield Hallam is one of her choices with an interview arranged for January. She liked Sheffield when we looked round. She’s heard the night life is good to which is another attraction lol 😆 x
Biscaya is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 04:21 PM  
Link to this Post
dubletrub
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Mobile

Originally Posted by Biscaya View Post
Thanks Dubletrub. Will tell DD to have a look at some patient care information. Sheffield Hallam is one of her choices with an interview arranged for January. She liked Sheffield when we looked round. She’s heard the night life is good to which is another attraction lol 😆 x
My daughter loves Sheffield Hallam and the night life in the city. She really feels like she has made the right choice.
All the health students at Hallam have mixed lectures around patient care.
Offers where made within a couple of days of all interviews.
dubletrub is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 19, 05:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Biscaya
Excited about Disney

That’s good that the offers came through so quickly. Can I ask which accommodation your DD is in please? The ones we looked at on the open day didn’t seem that close to the health courses campus.
Thanks