Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Kate and me at DLP February 2019 - day 2

Monday 18th February – Day 2 of Kate and me at DLP

Unfortunately I had real trouble sleeping and was still awake at midnight. I finally dropped off, but I was awake by 5am. So, not huge amounts of sleep. But who needs sleep when you’re at Disney?

At 6am I went and showered and got myself ready before waking Kate up…she had slept really well so that’s good.

We were keen to get out of the room by around 7.45 so that we could stop off in the Village for breakfast before heading into the park for the 8.30am extra morning time.

I took a few photos of the resort. This is our door and the carpet in the corridor.

Outside the theme is all wild west inspired.

We walked along the river towards the Disney Village.

The red boards that scuppered us yesterday when we missed the path to Cheyenne.

We went to NY Style Sandwiches.

It's opposite Billy Bob's where we had a reservation for dinner later.

The breakfast was super tasty, with 2 mini baguettes, butter, jam a croissant each plus a hot drink and a juice each.

We ate in the café and really enjoyed the breakfast. We couldn’t quite finish the bread. We were loving listening to the Disney radio in the café, we heard Almost There, the music from Fantasmic and lots of other favourites.

We then wandered into the park with all the other people.

It felt like a tide of people walking through the Village, but actually the park was very quiet.

There was no waiting and it was just turning 8.30 am as we went through the ticket booths and walking up Main Street.

Our plan this morning was to turn right at the hub and head into Discoveryland so that we could go on Hyperspace Mountain.

There was 5 minute wait and it was pretty much bang on.

We loved this ride! We saw our photo at the end, but the booth wasn’t open so we made a note of the number so that we could come back later in the trip.

We saw that Star Tours was open, which we hadn’t expected as it wasn’t listed as an EMT ride so we decided to go straight in there.

This was about a 10 minute wait. We were in the back row and enjoyed this immensely.

We wanted to see if Buzz had a short wait but this was listed at 45 minutes. We decided not to stop and headed around to Fantasyland.

Peter Pan was also listed as 45 minutes, so we skipped that too and went on Dumbo.

We ended up waiting about 25 minutes for this.

The park was now open for all guests and so we went around to BTMR and got in the line.

We ended up having to wait about 45 minutes which we were not expecting as it had been posted as a 20 minute wait.

Still, it’s a fabulous ride, better than WDW I think! We got our photo from the booth and the lady was very complementary about my French speaking. She did however say that I looked like a lion in the photo…

I guess she is kind of right!

We decided to grab a fast pass for this for later as we were here.

We decided to walk over to Indiana Jones as the app wait time said it was only 15 minutes but the ride itself said that it was 35 minutes so we skipped it as we had done it yesterday.

We saw a few meet and greets, but the lines looked pretty long. Kate said that we would have to just suck it up and wait it out if we wanted to meet the characters. We spotted the Genie and Gepeto and Pinocchio who we have never met so they will have to be waited for.

Kate looked on the app and navigated us very well over to It’s a small world as the wait time was 10 minutes, when we got there the wait was posted as 20 minutes.

We stuck with this one though as we couldn’t face another trek over the park, plus of course I love It’s a small world.

This ride was FABULOUS, I mean way better than the WDW ride!

I took several photo's, this is actually only a selection.

I loved it, I really wanted to go around again, but Kate wouldn’t let me!

We saw Gaston as we came off the ride and so we decided to just go for it.

He was a great meet and greet, he was quite funny. He asked the 2 girls in front of us if they knew who he was and they kept saying wrong guesses which of course meant that he could tease them by saying things like ‘Why have you come to see me if you can’t remember my name?’.

When it was our turn he asked Kate if she knew who he was and she said of course she did, so he shouted after the 2 who were leaving that Kate was his favourite. He asked Kate what her name was and what she had been up to today.

She said that we had just traveled around the world and that earlier this morning we had been into outer space and that we had narrowly escaped a runaway train.

It was a really good meet and he was very chatty.

This is the autograph we bought. Pretty cute!

We decided we would look and see who else we could meet.

We saw Baloo and this was fun.

He didn’t like the look of Kate’s fur on her hood, he was a bit worried about this I think.

This was a bit of a quicker meet as obviously he doesn’t speak.

We did the Aladdin walk through exhibits.

Then got in the line to meet the Genie, very excited about this as we have never met him before.

DLP really does have lots of interesting characters out and about.

We went over to the hub to watch the Princesses and Pirates show.

This was fab and the song is going to be stuck in my head for ages!

Are you a Princess?

Are you a Pirate?

We had a great spot in the hub.

We went around the back of Hyperspace Mountain to pick up our photo from earlier in the morning and this was all fine and really easy to do. We were then able to grab 2 more FP for Hyperspace Mountain even though we hadn’t used the BTMR FP, the ticket said we could get another FP after 12.50.

We were really in need of a rest now and we starving hungry. I had booked lunch in the Plaza Gardens at 1pm so we went straight there.

This was a brilliant buffet!

Much better than the Chuck Wagon café.

I had salads to start with.

Kate had some pizza, chicken and rice.

For my second course I had some salmon and beef, both of which were delicious I really enjoyed this.

Kate got some chicken curry which she loved.

The puddings were also pretty good.

I would definitely go here again.

After lunch our Hyperspace Mountain FP was open so we went on here again.

This was fantastic, although is perhaps better done when you don’t have really full bellies!

We had a look to see if there were any Buzz FP, but there were none left. So, we went to check out Peter Pan, but there were no FP left here either.

We decided not to worry as it was still day 1 and we had done loads.

We wandered over to BTMR and used our FP here. But the ride broke down while we were on it, here we are waiting to be rescued.

We had to wait about 20 minutes for the cast members to get over and help us off the ride.

I took a photo of the cart, but that was all I got.

We had to walk quite a long way back through the ride to the entrance, they were very particular about us not taking any photos at all!

They did give everyone a free FP for the ride so that we could get back on later if it came back up.

After that we figured it was time for a rest so we went back to the hotel. Kate watched a bit of the Disney channel while I dozed for an hour or so.

We left the room at about 5.40pm as Kate wanted to look around the shops on Main Street, we had a little look at everything.

Then we decided to use our free FP for BTMR it was around 6.15pm so we figured it would be enough time to get back to the hub to see the Illuminations show as it was due to start at 7pm and we weren’t fussed about where we stood.

Unfortunately the FP line was really long and we didn’t get on the ride until 6.55pm so we were a bit late over to the show. Still we stayed and watched it and decided we would watch it properly later in the trip.

We hung around a bit on Main Street.

Tried to get a good shot of the castle behind us, such a shame there aren't any photopass!

Our dinner was at The Grange in Disney Village.

This was also a pretty good buffet and it felt a long time since lunch.

What looks like a yorkshire pudding on my plate is actually corn bread!

I had a Glowtini. It looks really green in the photo! It tasted pretty good.

Kate liked the build your own tortilla's.

The puddings were also pretty good.

Once we had finished our meal we headed back to the hotel as we were both pretty shattered. And that was it, we ended up going straight to bed at 9.30pm (and I actually managed to sleep pretty well).

We'd had a really fun day in the Disneyland Park and we had plans to be up early again to head into the Studio's in the morning, we were very keen to try out both Crush and Ratatouille.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsSilverStar
Imagineer

Another great day! Do love those early mornings, so nice to hit the rides without the big queues.

The lion hair comment made me laugh! It does look very mane-like in the photo.
Very envious of your Gaston meet, I’m determined to track him down at WDW this year. The princess and pirate parade was on later in the year last year so we didn’t see any of that - looks great.

Getting stuck on BTM sounds interesting! Nice you got a fast pass for it after that. I love the dynamite section on that ride so much!
MrsSilverStar is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by MrsSilverStar View Post
Another great day! Do love those early mornings, so nice to hit the rides without the big queues.

The lion hair comment made me laugh! It does look very mane-like in the photo.
Very envious of your Gaston meet, I’m determined to track him down at WDW this year. The princess and pirate parade was on later in the year last year so we didn’t see any of that - looks great.

Getting stuck on BTM sounds interesting! Nice you got a fast pass for it after that. I love the dynamite section on that ride so much!
It was great in the morning, definitely worth getting up early.

BTMR was really fast and seemed to go on for ages. A great ride. It was a shame it broke down on our 2nd ride, but I was kind of excited to see the behind the scenes area. Of course, this part wasn't all that exciting as it's just a long walk through dirty dark corridors and past a few workshop/storage areas.

We really enjoyed the pirates and princesses show. It was quite a simple premise really and only had the one song too, but still pretty fun.

Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
What a great day and your photos really do help show how much you packed into today.
The lack of photopass makes such a difference as you could have had some fab photos today - glad you got those Space mountain ride ones though - great memories, especially when getting on quickly this morning.

Lots of lovely food and always an interesting experience when a ride breaks down. BTM is fantastic at DLP.

Looking forward to your next day with Ratatouille and Crush

Worth the visit to DLP alone

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

What a brilliant day, you seemed to fit loads in. I love the different characters you met today, Gaston seemed very funny. I’m presuming he spoke English? Georgia had worried about whether the characters spoke English as she does like to chat with them 😃 .

The buffets look better today. I had wondered if the buffets would be nice as we find we don’t eat that much at WDW buffets, but tend to go to them mainly for meeting characters. The quality of food looks better at dlp though. Maybe even Max would fill his plate more 😂
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Mar 19, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
kadypants
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

A fab day! BTMR is my favourite ride.. much prefer the DLP version to the WDW version. Its just something about it!

Mmmm... that corn bread! I love it!
kadypants is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Mar 19, 09:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
What a great day and your photos really do help show how much you packed into today.
The lack of photopass makes such a difference as you could have had some fab photos today - glad you got those Space mountain ride ones though - great memories, especially when getting on quickly this morning.

Lots of lovely food and always an interesting experience when a ride breaks down. BTM is fantastic at DLP.

Looking forward to your next day with Ratatouille and Crush

Worth the visit to DLP alone
It's a shame there aren't more photographers around, it's something that we take for granted at WDW.

BTMR was amazing, it just seemed to keep going on forever. We really enjoyed it. It was the same with space mountain, such a good ride, we held hands on our first ride and screamed the whole way round. Second time Kate suggested we try to not scream at all, neither of us lasted the whole ride.

Old 31 Mar 19, 09:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
What a brilliant day, you seemed to fit loads in. I love the different characters you met today, Gaston seemed very funny. I’m presuming he spoke English? Georgia had worried about whether the characters spoke English as she does like to chat with them 😃 .

The buffets look better today. I had wondered if the buffets would be nice as we find we don’t eat that much at WDW buffets, but tend to go to them mainly for meeting characters. The quality of food looks better at dlp though. Maybe even Max would fill his plate more 😂
Gaston was great, he spoke excellent English, in fact all the face characters did. There will be lots of opportunities for chatting. Kate has only just started learning French this year when she went up to secondary school and she was worried she wouldn't understand. This was not a problem at all though. Most of the rides are in French, and she found this mildly frustrating, star tours wasn't quite the same if I'm really honest.

There are different tiers of restaurant within the parks. This seemed very confusing to me before the trip but of course the people on the DLP area of the dibb are very helpful and knowledgeable.

We had the lowest level of dining plan, which meant there were only 2 places we could get our breakfast from and then we could have both lunch and dinner at one of 5 buffet restaurants (I think it is 5, it might have been more).

So, the lunch and dinner places we ate at today, Plaza in the park and Billy Bobs in the village, were both in the plan as was the Chuck wagon at the hotel yesterday. The 2 buffets today were pretty good, better than the hotel restaurant.

None of the restaurants included in this basic plan are character meets, however, we could use our credit to part pay for a meal at a more expensive restaurant including a la carte or character dining. I suppose a good wdw analogy would be if they let people use a QS credit to part pay for a TS meal. The value of the buffet credit was a little more thsn €30 for adults.

I hope all that helps, on day 3 we ate at cafe Mickey, which is a character dining restaurant, this is not included in the dining plan we had and so we had to pay the difference.

Old 31 Mar 19, 09:41 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Originally Posted by kadypants View Post
A fab day! BTMR is my favourite ride.. much prefer the DLP version to the WDW version. Its just something about it!

Mmmm... that corn bread! I love it!
Absolutely agree, the corn bread was super tasty. We ate at Billy Bobs twice on this trip and I enjoyed both the meals we had there. It was great.

Old 31 Mar 19, 08:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Gaston was great, he spoke excellent English, in fact all the face characters did. There will be lots of opportunities for chatting. Kate has only just started learning French this year when she went up to secondary school and she was worried she wouldn't understand. This was not a problem at all though. Most of the rides are in French, and she found this mildly frustrating, star tours wasn't quite the same if I'm really honest.

There are different tiers of restaurant within the parks. This seemed very confusing to me before the trip but of course the people on the DLP area of the dibb are very helpful and knowledgeable.

We had the lowest level of dining plan, which meant there were only 2 places we could get our breakfast from and then we could have both lunch and dinner at one of 5 buffet restaurants (I think it is 5, it might have been more).

So, the lunch and dinner places we ate at today, Plaza in the park and Billy Bobs in the village, were both in the plan as was the Chuck wagon at the hotel yesterday. The 2 buffets today were pretty good, better than the hotel restaurant.

None of the restaurants included in this basic plan are character meets, however, we could use our credit to part pay for a meal at a more expensive restaurant including a la carte or character dining. I suppose a good wdw analogy would be if they let people use a QS credit to part pay for a TS meal. The value of the buffet credit was a little more thsn €30 for adults.

I hope all that helps, on day 3 we ate at cafe Mickey, which is a character dining restaurant, this is not included in the dining plan we had and so we had to pay the difference.
Georgia was pleased to hear the characters speak English, she is looking forward to meeting Gaston now 😀 .

I had found the meal plans confusing when I looked to, but I think I’m understanding better now due to reading lots of Dibb trip reports. Your explanation has helped a lot too, thank you.

We were hoping that the newly refurbished Art of Marvel hotel would be open for our trip next year but I have a feeling we may just be a little too early. We may consider Newport Bay hotel otherwise, both of these have the more expensive half board plan included. Although the food on the buffets look really good if we do book the Cheyenne or Sante Fe.
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List