Notices

Old 27 Jun 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
MarionG
Imagineer

I know how miserable having bites like that can make you. There we were in Sanibel, a beautiful beach but both hubby and I bitten alive and grumpy. Couldn't sleep properly because they itched even with cream we brought from home on. Glad you have found something that works. As I said in my post on your previous day we found Ivarest helped as that contained calamine. Just didn't manage to get it til we returned to Orlando!
You will find it hard to leave this paradise.
MarionG is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

Another perfect day, apart from the bites which look horrific. Such a beautiful beach, and I'm glad you finally saw a stunning sunset. Looks amazing.

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridafour
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Amazing photos. Those bites are not nice ☹️
Looks like you are ha ing an amazing time 🙂
Floridafour is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Sallyingforth
Earning More Ears

Mobile

Ah those sunset pictures are so beautiful. Sorry about the bites. We didn't get any on Anna Maria but I was a serious mess in Fort William 😁. I have a theory that once you have one bite you smell more yummy to them and they come to you more. Looking forward to my tomorrow morning installment 😍
Sallyingforth is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Aw, your poor bites. You are in good company as I got bitten 3 times today at work in our outside area & currently have the Cortisone 10 on them.
Those sunsets are absolutely beautiful though, and your little 1-woman camp out sounds like bliss.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Poor you with those bites. We’ve been to AMI a few times and Orlando many times, only once have I been bitten and as well as the actual bites, I was quite unwell with them. I already take antihistamines daily and put deet on each evening. Not sure why that year I was so tasty?

I will be interested in your boat trip. 2 years ago we went with Captain Patsy who also works out of the Starfish harbour and it was just amazing- dolphins chasing us, loads of effort to find manatees and she provided the full face masks for us to do some snorkelling in the shallows - all on a lovely boat with a shade canopy.

This April we went with Captain Kathe as she has 2 boats, (her and her daughter) and it was the only way to accommodate 7 of us. To be honest, we were gutted. The daughter was ok, but just followed Kathe’s Boat. Our 3 kids were on kathe’s unshaded boat with another party of 3 who had limited mobility. Kathe didn’t speak to the kids/other party, she was just on her phone. The dogs (there’s 2) were barking at each other and kept jumping up on us, lying on our stuff, licking us constantly (we are all dog lovers, but I am allergic), and they swapped them from one boat to another.

Kathe reluctantly stopped and asked was it worth them getting out/snorkelling as the other party were unable to get on and off the boat. Our kids were like, err yes, our parents are in the water already. There was nothing to use eg snorkels/goggles etc, though there were buckets to collects any animals in, and the daughter did enjoy telling us about the things we’d found. As soon as the kids got back on the boat, Kathe shot off and by the time we got back to the dock, dead on our 2 hours, the other boat had been unloaded and empty for over 10 minutes.

Maybe we caught her on a bad day, but we really felt like she thought she was doing us a favour and were thoroughly underwhelmed by her attitude. As we sat waiting for our fish cakes on the dock, we watched Captain Patsy pull in - she always seems to be a bit over time, and really regretted that we’d been unable to use her and her lovely boat again.

Edited at 08:45 PM.
hermione25 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
pretty71
Apprentice Imagineer

Loving your report as always,it certainly looks heavenly 😊😊
pretty71 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 09:01 PM  
Link to this Post
CarsonMac
Very Serious Dibber

Have you tried camphor phenique? I get that in walgreens coz I also get bitten loads! It's always works super fast for me and the next day they are gone
CarsonMac is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:00 PM  
Link to this Post
scottishnellie
VIP Dibber

scottishnellie's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by CarsonMac View Post
Have you tried camphor phenique? I get that in walgreens coz I also get bitten loads! It's always works super fast for me and the next day they are gone
Thankfully the stuff I got yesterday seems to be working. But I will add that to my list of other things to try - just incase!

Helen xx

Here's a link to all my previous trip reports since 2015
trip report list by year
scottishnellie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Jun 19, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

Fabulous photos x

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List