Notices
Intro's and Welcomes Introduce yourself and be welcomed into our community.

Old 19 Aug 19, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Sunlightcaller
Gone all Goofy

1st thread

My joy and expectation of arriving back in WDW (for our 19th trip) is a feeling I don’t think I can experience any where else in the world. On arrival at MCO we get through the formalities baggage reclaim car hire etc., relatively unscathed. Which for DW and I can be a bit of a trial because we both have to use mobility scooters, the legs don’t work so well these days. Anyway, that aside we head for our villa, calling in at Walgreen’s on the way for few essentials bread, milk etc., then dump the bags and head off to Perkins for dinner and to meet up with the staff who have become our friends over the years. After a nice meal it’s back to the villa and crash.
The next morning is relatively slow, a light breakfast after which we unpack then head for Publics for the big shop.
Now at this point we diverge some what from the norm. It’s the customary ritual of the dressing of the scooter baskets.
I will explain: Back in the day many visits ago DW had what started out as a healthy pastime/hobby collecting Disney plush key chains which she started to display on the basket of her mobility scooter. Ah bless you say. Well now dear reader this innocent quaint pastime/hobby has turned into what our daughter describes as her mum’s obsession. The collection of Disney key chains now amounts to over some 200 plus. How do I know this, because DW has a spread sheet, I kid you not, detailing characters by film, Park and other various delimiters.
All of these have to be transported across the pond somehow, mainly in vacuumed sealed bags in the hold luggage but some get into the hand luggage (mine more often than not). Now don’t get me wrong I love my DW. However, this does get stretched somewhat especially when one of the talking plushies (a starwars storm trooper in this instance) decides to go off during the security bag check at the airport with the words“PUT DOWN THE WEAPONS AND BACK AWAY”. This required some tact and reassurance on my part that I was not attempting a coup d’etat.

But all that said and done all is washed away when we head for the parks and the magic happens. We get some charming comments from guests and staff also lots of requests for photo’s, which we’re proud to do. The characters greetings also get quite animated when they find themselves among the bundles (following a bit if a search).
One of the fun things for me (because we tend to travel in single file, me bringing up the rear) I get to hear the after comments and exclamations. Like, did you see that! , My god, holy molely and sometimes a ≈≈≈ (not to be encouraged though). When we are in a queue for a character greet or show we have a lot of fun with the children around and the grateful parents for keeping their kids entertained. Sometimes it can be a long and hot wait. So all in all it’s the best of times. That is with the exception of ‘It’s a small world’

But that’s another story.

Edited at 11:31 PM.
Sunlightcaller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 05:47 PM  
Link to this Post
hipthehippo
Imagineer

How fantastic! My DD is convinced that this will be me in the future I'm currently using a folding power chair so can't add too many fanciful things to it... hmmm... maybe I can start buying in advance? Have a wonderful time - we may overlap slightly - will keep an eye out for you!

Growing old is mandatory, but, growing up is optional
"Live a Life that Matters" - Michael Josephson - RIP Dad 20.07.05
2006, 2007 - Rolling Hills / 2008 - Villa - can't remember! / 2009, 2010 - Sunset Lakes / 2011 - Indian Creek / 2012 - Sunset Lakes / 2013 - Emerald Island / 2014, 2017, 2018, 2019, 2023 - Sunset Lakes
hipthehippo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Aug 19, 06:05 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Oooh. Pictures please!

Enjoy the rest of the trip.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 08:49 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunlightcaller
Gone all Goofy

happy memories

Sunlightcaller is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen J
Imagineer

“PUT DOWN THE WEAPONS AND BACK AWAY”

Haha - I bet that was funny

The pictures are great, I can imagine that lots of people stop and ask you about your collection.
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:18 AM  
Link to this Post
disney20042012
Imagineer

Love it, good for you
Old Key West, Saratoga Springs, Animal Kingdom Lodge, Saratoga Treehouse, Beach Club, Coronado Springs Resort, Hard Rock Hotel, Royal Pacific Resort, Endless Summer Dockside, Pop Century, Polynesian Resort, Disneyland Villa's, Aulani
disney20042012 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post
Juliemack
waiting impatiently...!

Juliemack's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Wow! ... that is some collection, brilliant! Great pictures too
Juliemack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridababy16
Trainee Dibber

I love this - its put a big smile on my face on what is a wet and miserable day in the UK so thank you love the snaps too, have a fantastic trip
Floridababy16 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 19, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunlightcaller
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Helen J View Post
“PUT DOWN THE WEAPONS AND BACK AWAY”

Haha - I bet that was funny

The pictures are great, I can imagine that lots of people stop and ask you about your collection.
Well you really had to be there, according to DW my face told the whole story. Now, to get round any questions and strange looks from security staff I carry a picture of DW on her scooter. Then I get a knowing smile from the security personnel (which conveys the unspoken message. we understand your pain)
Old 20 Aug 19, 11:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Sunlightcaller
Gone all Goofy

Originally Posted by Floridababy16 View Post
I love this - its put a big smile on my face on what is a wet and miserable day in the UK so thank you love the snaps too, have a fantastic trip
Thanks for the post, glad to have cheered up you day