Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Nov 19, 10:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

am I barking mad to do this?

Before you automatically say "yes" I'm trying to cut down on alcohol and sweets on the run up to christmas so I can lose some weight.

So I have decided that apart from special circumstances (works do; meals out with family etc) I will not have any alcohol between now and the 25th December

Taking bets now...

I'm 2 nights in and havent caved yet !
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

Wishing you luck 🍀

I keep trying but only remember half way down my first glass of wine for the night 🍷

There's always tomorrow!
Blue nose is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Andybear
Imagineer

Mobile

I haven't drunk alcohol for several years, not even on special occasions. It's very easy not to do so.
Andybear is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:36 PM  
Link to this Post
HappyPanda
Apprentice Imagineer

A few years back I just randomly give up alcohol apart from special occasions and I've never looked back! In fact I can count on one hand the amount of alcoholic drinks I've had this year and I honestly don't miss it at all!
HappyPanda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
YLL
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Andybear View Post
I haven't drunk alcohol for several years, not even on special occasions. It's very easy not to do so.
No it's not for many people. I've noticed that in many of your posts you tend to state things based on your opinion as facts to be accepted by everyone, whether it's about rides, restaurants and now this. Maybe accept that everyone is different and won't necessarily react as you do?
YLL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Does that include gingerbread liqueur?
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Originally Posted by caj View Post
Does that include gingerbread liqueur?
I was forced to try one sip !
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
SnowWhite
Apprentice Imagineer

Not barking mad at all Good luck, here's to a great outcome, and please don't beat yourself up if you slide occasionally
SnowWhite is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Labboy
VIP Dibber

Berkshire Bugsy you can do this, the calories saved will add up to a good weight loss go for it .Nothing crazy about your goals

Edited at 10:43 PM.
Labboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Nov 19, 10:43 PM  
Link to this Post
EssexSue
VIP Dibber

I have reduced my alcohol but it's not easy it really isn't. Most of my family and friends drink and I am struggling to find anything I like the flavour of as much as a glass of dry white.
EssexSue is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List