Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 30 Dec 16, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Mobile Parking at gatwick tips, recommendations please

Flying from gatwick south terminal in May, recommendations for car parking please! I am still slightly uneasy about my husband driving back home on the morning we land back :/ there are 6 of us though, a friend offered to drive our car and pick us back up but not sure where all our luggage and pushchair would go with all 7 seats up
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Dec 16, 11:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopy Lou
Gone all Goofy

We parked in long stay car park on airport site, bus to terminal is every 10 mins and picks up just outside terminal,easy and very good service. Arrived back this morning.
Loopy Lou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
Reddevil99
Excited about Disney

We have used ace meet and greet the last 2 trips, excellent service and very easy to find.
Reddevil99 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 01:36 AM  
Link to this Post
Incarniac
slightly serious Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
For our last trip we stayed a night at BLOC Hotel and used their Park-Sleep-Fly package, which includes the valet parking (drop off and pick up at valet parking in the short stay car park).

Can recommend both BLOC and the valet parking if the price is right - very convenient
Incarniac is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 02:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlandobelle
VIP Dibber

Orlandobelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Mobile

Just returned from Vegas.
Booked the Hilton with parking included and used the valet parking - bundled as "short stay". Really convenient
Easter 06 Calabay Parc/Vero Beach
Easter 07 Sunset Lakes/RPR Trippy
Hallowe'en 07 Sunset Lakes/HRH ~ Hallowe'en 08 Highlands Reserve & HRH
Xmas 09 - Bella Vida/HRH/Pop Trippy
Jul 2010 Bella Vida & RPR Photos
OKW & Bahama Bay for Christmas 2012
Summer 2015 ~ Cabana Bay & Terre Verde Sept 2016 -- Solo @ Pop / BWV / Sapphire Falls

Orlandobelle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 07:48 AM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by vinlaasmummy07 View Post
Flying from gatwick south terminal in May, recommendations for car parking please! I am still slightly uneasy about my husband driving back home on the morning we land back :/ there are 6 of us though, a friend offered to drive our car and pick us back up but not sure where all our luggage and pushchair would go with all 7 seats up
We always have that dilemma. Depends a lot how far the drive is home. We are about 2 hours thirty mins away and I do find that tiring, but often swap driving with my wife. Assume you have looked into a large cab/minibus as an alternative to parking charges. We have done that before. If worried I would look to try and take your friend up on their offer of driving there and back, if the in car logistics work !
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
VicStar
VIP Dibber

What about getting your friend to drop you all at the airport when presumably there's less luggage? Then organise a minibus taxi home for the 6 of you - it'll probably cost similar to the airport parking fee but saves that awful drive home.
VicStar is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 11:37 AM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Mobile

I might have a play around with the cases and pushchair in the car! See where I can squeeze in cases! Have already booked the hilton for the night before we fly 😀
vinlaasmummy07 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 11:40 AM  
Link to this Post
vinlaasmummy07
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by mseagle View Post
We always have that dilemma. Depends a lot how far the drive is home. We are about 2 hours thirty mins away and I do find that tiring, but often swap driving with my wife. Assume you have looked into a large cab/minibus as an alternative to parking charges. We have done that before. If worried I would look to try and take your friend up on their offer of driving there and back, if the in car logistics work !
We are about a couple of hours from gatwick (salisbury) so can stop at fleet for coffee and leg stretch