Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 21 Feb 17, 01:34 PM  
Link to this Post

Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert Party - thoughts yes or no

Hi guys

I am celebrating my birthday whilst over in September and my husband said I have to pick what I want to do that day.

I have decided I would like to spend the day/night at MK, think we will have a mazy morning and head in later afternoon and for fireworks and parade.

Trying to think about dinner reservations and I thought about this instead as would give us good view of fireworks...does it? Also thought would be less crowded which would be good for our 2 year old.

Would love to know peoples opinions or even other suggestions for a nice birthday dinner at MK? ( we have been to BOG so given it a miss this time)

Thanks in advance

Laura
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:16 PM  
Link to this Post
apple-fan
VIP Dibber

apple-fan's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 19
We have done the dessert party for wishes and Halo-wishes. The positives are the fact that its comfortable and the view is pretty good, the food & drink is fine, but nothing fantastic...

I must admit that after we did the Wishes party I said we wouldn't do it again (based on value for money), but I wasn't sure we would get back to see MNSSHP again, so decided to do the Halo-wishes because you also got a reserved area to watch the parade as well as the dessert party.

Disney Old Key West - August 2013
Disney Old Key West - August 2014
Disney Old Key West - August 2015
Disney Old Key West - Sept 2016
Disney Old Key West - Oct 2017
Disney Beach & Yacht Club - Nov 2019
Port Orleans (Riverside) - Nov 2023
apple-fan is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Brum26
Very Serious Dibber

We have done it twice and really enjoyed it. For us the main benefit was not having to start trying to find a good spot to stand for the fireworks hours before they start. We had a really food view from the terrace and the added bonus of some nice desserts.

That said, I think the price has gone up quite a bit since we last went in 2013 and so although I would like to do it again this year, the price may put us off.

August 2022 Pre-Trippie HERE
Brum26 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 17, 02:32 PM  
Link to this Post
steve@mac155.f
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
You can now do the dessert party and then watch the fireworks in a separate area to the side of the terrace it is a cheaper option than doing the terrace desert party, but you still get to have those lovely desserts.

disneyworld.disney.go/di...ty-plaza-view/

Steve
steve@mac155.f is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:57 AM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

bit indulgent but last year we had tea at BOG and didn't have pudding then went over to the dessert party - our view was just fantastic and it was good to be sitting down eating fit cakes after trekking around the park all day... we enjoyed it so much we have booked to do exactly the same this year with the added bonus of the new show replacing wishes... I know it gets a lot of negative reviews due to the cost but the dining plan covers the dinner for us so we think it's worth the splurge to do something memorable. I'm not a fan of trying to find a spot to watch the show waiting around so the cost for me and my little girl is worth it...saying that as there is just the 2 of us the cost isn't as horrific as paying for a bigger family.
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List