Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 14 Feb 17, 12:01 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by ClarkKent360 View Post
Having done both the wishes and star wars desert party I would say it's not really worth the cost. I mean as a one off possibly but like someone else said I'd much rather have a nice meal somewhere. Star wars desert party was let down by the lack of chairs which was torture after being in the park all day but not sure if they've changed this now.
Sorry to hijack, OP - but I want to follow this up (Thanks, ClarkKent). Are there really no chairs at the SW party?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:16 AM  
Link to this Post
hermione25
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by GopherLass View Post
Sorry to hijack, OP - but I want to follow this up (Thanks, ClarkKent). Are there really no chairs at the SW party?
There weren't any last august - just tall tables to stand at (in fact there werent enough) but you can go outside and sit in the garden/amphitheatre kind of place just before the entrance with your plate if you wish.
Old 14 Feb 17, 12:32 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by hermione25 View Post
There weren't any last august - just tall tables to stand at (in fact there werent enough) but you can go outside and sit in the garden/amphitheatre kind of place just before the entrance with your plate if you wish.
Thanks - I will have to hunt up some snaps of this area...
Old 16 Feb 17, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
OP Pixie Dust
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Wishes

We did the wishes desert party last year and I would agree for the cakes and deserts included it wasn't worth it, however my brother is partially sighted and being able to get to somewhere that was at least lit slightly with seating was great for him

We still struggled getting out of the park with the crowds and light but it meant he could enjoy the fireworks without the hassle of not worrying about being able to see people moving round him and the crowds.

If you can bare the crowds I would say just buy nice deserts and stand and watch them.
OP Pixie Dust is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Feb 17, 11:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Does anyone know if they cater for gluten free diets (or how I could request it or at least ask the question) I would like to do this with my 2 children in august but none of us can have gluten!
Old 24 Feb 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Pez01
VIP Dibber

we have done all 3 - star wars was our favourite good choice of food, nice cocktails and really good show but no tables. Wishes great seating and great view good selection of food but pricey. Illuminations one didn't enjoy at all... poor food selection and the viewing area wasn't very "special"... we would do Wishes and SW again but not Illuminations...
Pez01 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We have done the star wars and wishes (before the massive price hike!)

Star Wars I would recommend as I think you get more for your money, cocktails are included (i'm not really a drinker so probably didn't get my money's worth!) we also got a souvenir Chewbacca cup thing each. There were some savoury snacks as well as cakes and being told off by a storm trooper is fun

Wishes I think is way overpriced now, we enjoyed it but at the point the fireworks started everyone just stood up and pushed their way to the front so it didn't really feel that different to being on main street for us!

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 04:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Dansgirl
Helping Minnie

Mobile

We did the ferrywishes one and it was great, you get to view the fireworks from the water. The cakes were nice but we didn't eat many, did take advantage of the alcohol though and had a great time. We managed to grab a seat on the boat before the fireworks then stood at the window to watch them
Dansgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List