Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 17, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by jovial View Post
My son hates dressing up ! But at a push he has been a cat every year at Halloween as he loves cats lol ! So I have ordered a hat and bow tie and he is going as the cat in the hat !
I think that sounds purrrfect... see what I did there 😉😉😉.
I think some kids like all this stuff and some don't my daughter loves it but in all honesty I would've thought it would be her stuff of nightmares.
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:04 AM  
Link to this Post
princess allie
VIP Dibber

My son goes as Harry Potter every year, so it's easy for me. If it's not a themed day, pick a book with regular kids in it and then they can just wear ordinary clothes. It doesn't have to be complicated. As for the poster who mentioned their school was Aliens in Underpants theme, I would have thought that pretty much every child will be in regular clothes with a pair of pants over the top. They probably thought it was making it easy (and cheap) for everyone.

1998 Villa in Kissimmee 2009 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2011 Animal Kingdom Lodge 2014 Villa Lake Berkeley 2016 Villa Bass Lakes 2017 Villa on Solana and Vero Beach 2018 Villa on Highlands Reserve and St Pete Beach 2019 SLC, Cabana Bay, Highlands Reserve & Coronado Springs, 2020 Feb half term villa chilling. 2022 villa on Calabay Park and a trip Clearwater beach. 2023 Orlando and Clearwater
princess allie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
We've got Disney and Pixar this year great for all those princess dresses - but we have boys.. they want to be Kylo Ren and BB8

They did "my hero" last year and we got away with Batman & Robin..

For once we've had a weeks notice which is far better than the 3 days of previous years, but still wracking my brains as to what to do.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by Poppycat View Post
We've got Disney and Pixar this year great for all those princess dresses - but we have boys.. they want to be Kylo Ren and BB8

They did "my hero" last year and we got away with Batman & Robin..

For once we've had a weeks notice which is far better than the 3 days of previous years, but still wracking my brains as to what to do.
Disney own Stars Wars so you should be fine with Kylo Ren or BB8.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Poppycat
Imagineer

Poppycat's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Originally Posted by Clairelovestate View Post
Disney own Stars Wars so you should be fine with Kylo Ren or BB8.
Thank you. I'm ok with the choice, but making them is a different matter.. need both. Disney store is already sold out of Kylo ren costumes.
Poppycat is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:45 PM  
Link to this Post
cherub85
Very Serious Dibber

Have read this thread with interest. As a working mum, who is not very creative at all, and whose daughter was very particular about dressing up, I never liked world book day. Especially the themed ones, one year her class had to go as a character from a random book about Alaska! A couple of years ago I got my first headship and as a school we decided not to celebrate wbd by dressing up but instead had a theater workshop for each class. I don't think dressing up as a book character really encourages a love off books, and most children come as Anna/Elsa/ Spider-Man/ their favourite dressing up costume etc. Anyway the parents were very cross that we didn't do it, I had a written complaint as well as verbal ones, including from one parent who had recently complained about all the things schools expected parents to do and how expensive/time consuming it was! Needless to say we've dressed up ever since as it wasn't worth the battle! I dislike it still and will be having a mad panic sorting a costume over the next few days!
I sound like a right misery! I'm not though and we do loads of fun things at my school honest!
cherub85 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 08:25 PM  
Link to this Post
holidaysaver75
Imagineer

Well I now have a Ninja and an Oompah Loompah! The deal for buying the costumes was that they had to read the books (Young Samurai for the Ninja) over the course of the week.
holidaysaver75 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List