Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 25 Feb 17, 11:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile Any dibbers been to PH yet?

I know planet Hollywood has had pretty poor reviews so far but i wondered if any of us dibbers have been yet and what their thought are?
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 12:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Disneyfool
Apprentice Imagineer

Not been yet, but we've got 2 ADR's booked for August.

We went twice in 2012 and twice in 2014, and had no complaints whatsoever.

We'll be gutted if it's not as good as it used to be, especially as our second ADR is for DW's Birthday, and she chose to eat there for her celebration.
Disneyfool is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 05:55 PM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

We went last night and sorry to say it was a shambles! Even the manager admitted when I complained afterwards they hadn't got anything right.

To start with it was ridiculously loud in there! I know it is supposed to be lively but I couldn't hear any of the rest of my party. Our starter took about 40 mins to arrive, which was followed by our mains. The waiter then topped up my lemonade with water?! Unbelievable - had to ask for a new one!

I have a serious gastrointestinal allergy to cheese so asked for a veggie burger with no sauces (just salad on it - always safest to avoid all dairy based condiments) with fries - it arrived covered in a creamy sauce. Sent it back - took 20 mins to get another one which wasn't even cooked through and was sent without fries! Sent that back and asked not to be charged for it and for it not to be replaced either. The waiter was just plain rude to us after this point!

Complained to the manager - offered to 'sort it out' if we went back today, but we are going home - and I also did not want to go back! It was $145 for a sharing platter starter and 4 mains, 3 alcoholic drinks and 2 soft drinks.

Needless to say we won't be returning on our summer trip!
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:10 AM  
Link to this Post
VickyJ
Apprentice Imagineer

VickyJ's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
When we were there earlier this month all we heard were people whining about it. Husband wanted to try and go but I was glad we did not.
Poly isles 03-Portofino bay 06-Cypress point 2006-Port Orleans 09-Hard Rock 2010-AKL feb 11-Reunion Grande Jn 11-POR+Cruise Aug 13-OKW Aug 16-SSR Feb 17-S/Springs Aug17-Hyatt Aug17-VC Feb18-AKL Oct 19
I-Creek Jan 20, Vista cay 2022
VickyJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

We haven't been yet but have booked it for beginning of April.

I'm a bit worried about the reviews, but my hubby and kids are desperate to go back and it was closed for our last 2 trips.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridatilly
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post
We went last night and sorry to say it was a shambles! Even the manager admitted when I complained afterwards they hadn't got anything right.

To start with it was ridiculously loud in there! I know it is supposed to be lively but I couldn't hear any of the rest of my party. Our starter took about 40 mins to arrive, which was followed by our mains. The waiter then topped up my lemonade with water?! Unbelievable - had to ask for a new one!

I have a serious gastrointestinal allergy to cheese so asked for a veggie burger with no sauces (just salad on it - always safest to avoid all dairy based condiments) with fries - it arrived covered in a creamy sauce. Sent it back - took 20 mins to get another one which wasn't even cooked through and was sent without fries! Sent that back and asked not to be charged for it and for it not to be replaced either. The waiter was just plain rude to us after this point!

Complained to the manager - offered to 'sort it out' if we went back today, but we are going home - and I also did not want to go back! It was $145 for a sharing platter starter and 4 mains, 3 alcoholic drinks and 2 soft drinks.

Oh no what a disaster!
Floridatilly is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 01:38 AM  
Link to this Post
charlie-becks
Serious Dibber

charlie-becks's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
I went a few years ago and really didn't have fun. It sounds like it hasn't gotten any better through the years but the waiters were rude, it was overcrowded and the tables, cutlery and glasses were dirty. Was not impressed
Old 26 Feb 17, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
MinnieMrsA
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
Oh no what a disaster!
Definitely! Then I go to the food court at my resort (POFQ) and they bend over backwards to meet allergy requirements! Such a difference.
MinnieMrsA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
disneytrio
Imagineer

disneytrio's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 13
Originally Posted by Floridatilly View Post
I know planet Hollywood has had pretty poor reviews so far but i wondered if any of us dibbers have been yet and what their thought are?
I have a reservation for 7th march, watched a couple of reviews where it doesn't fair well, but we are going to try it for ourselves.
Will let you know what we thought!
disneytrio is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 12:23 PM  
Link to this Post
LottiesLot
Excited about Disney

Mobile

Originally Posted by MinnieMrsA View Post

Sorry to hear about your poor experience. What interests us about PH is the observatory aspect - are you able to describe what this was like? Is there a planetarium type projection up on the ceiling? My girls would love to experience the stars moving g about above their heads but if this isn't impressive then we won't bother. Thanks.
LottiesLot is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List