Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 25 Feb 17, 12:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Worgie
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by yogadeb View Post
This made me well up , I had a few tears as think of my sister and how hard her life has been and her other 2 children as it affects everyone.
having a child with a disability is so difficult and I really admire parents who get on with it and don't let things stop them from trying .
That's the thing I have found the hardest to cope with to be honest - the effect it has had on my older son. I have always felt guilty as I had to dedicate more of my time to my younger son than my older one and I think I always will feel that he has missed out on a lot of things other children take for granted as our youngest couldn't always cope with certain places and environments. That said, our eldest son has grown into a wonderfully caring, compassionate young man who doesn't have a single judgemental bone in his body. I think having a younger brother with a disability has made him a far more compassionate person than he otherwise might have been. The guilt I feel will always be there but it is important to always look for the positive in any situation.
Old 25 Feb 17, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Thanks for all the replies.
We are having a great time and I'm sure we will come again it's just hard to accept the things he won't be able to do.
Last day today 😔 Off to blizzard beach never been there so kids are Megger excited.
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Megandllsmum
Imagineer

Megandllsmum's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Originally Posted by fluffychicken View Post
Thanks for all the replies.
We are having a great time and I'm sure we will come again it's just hard to accept the things he won't be able to do.
Last day today 😔 Off to blizzard beach never been there so kids are Megger excited.
Have a wonderful day xx
Megandllsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
yogadeb
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Worgie View Post
That's the thing I have found the hardest to cope with to be honest - the effect it has had on my older son. I have always felt guilty as I had to dedicate more of my time to my younger son than my older one and I think I always will feel that he has missed out on a lot of things other children take for granted as our youngest couldn't always cope with certain places and environments. That said, our eldest son has grown into a wonderfully caring, compassionate young man who doesn't have a single judgemental bone in his body. I think having a younger brother with a disability has made him a far more compassionate person than he otherwise might have been. The guilt I feel will always be there but it is important to always look for the positive in any situation.

I agree and think having someone with a disability in your family teaches the whole family a lot .

My nephew has taught us a lot about what really
Matters and his siblings are unselfish , compassionate , considerate young ladies now because they have seen life differently to many .

Op enjoy your day at BB

Quality inn international(now plaza) - 2004
All star movies -2005
Pop century -2007
Port Orleans riverside -2012
Royal Pacific and Beach club-2015
Royal Pacific and Animal kingdom lodge -2017
yogadeb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 17, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post

op, awww youre not alone.
For us, every trip is our last. Its not just the rides, for us its the other functions. As son gets older, we rely more on things such as his height adjustable bed, hoists, shower chairs etc. They make home life a lot easier, when you go away you miss them. You can hire certain things but its still not the same.
for us, every trip is our last.
we just don't know what we can manage with each time, as we get older things hurt more for us too.
On our last trip our son was 16, we focused a lot on rides which he could remain in his wheelchair-there are a lot more than you think.

Just checked the guide map and figment should have a wheelchair accessible vehicle? Im sure we used it last time.

hope you enjoyed the water park, we skip them now as there isn't a suitable changing room. Its either male/female.

we thought a couple of trips ago, it would be our last one but somehow we manage. We're planning to go when son is 18, thankfully hes slowed down at growing.

Anyway, we'll do as much as possible for as long as possible.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 17, 03:31 AM  
Link to this Post
fluffychicken
VIP Dibber

Figment does have a WAV but he likes to transfer where he can ( doesn't like to be different) I will have to explain to him if we come again it won't be possible.
Blizzard beach was great floating around the lazy river was bliss after a busy week. Home tomorrow 😔
fluffychicken is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List