Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 10 Feb 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Uber Disney to Unversal

Sorry if it's been asked before but what are people's views on using Uber in Orlando? I've heard they are cheaper than Mears but also heard bad stories.

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:03 PM  
Link to this Post
kellsbells
Imagineer

We used uber a lot on our last trip and it was brilliant, I also use it in London all the time so was familiar with how it all works. It's a lot cheaper than mears and when you book one it tells you what car, name of driver and the reg number. From AKL to HRH it cost us $27 and from memory of previous trips Mears was about $50 for the same trip.

We also had some fantastic drivers who were lovely to chat to on the journeys

kellsbells is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Simba1980
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by kellsbells View Post
We used uber a lot on our last trip and it was brilliant, I also use it in London all the time so was familiar with how it all works. It's a lot cheaper than mears and when you book one it tells you what car, name of driver and the reg number. From AKL to HRH it cost us $27 and from memory of previous trips Mears was about $50 for the same trip.

We also had some fantastic drivers who were lovely to chat to on the journeys
Fab... Might give them a go this year. Although we like to stay on Disney we do around 5 days at Universal so cab prices soon add up.

Saratoga Springs WDW 2013 Saratoga Springs WDW 2014 Saratoga Springs WDW 2015 Las Vegas Vow Renewal June 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2016 Saratoga Springs WDW Oct 2017 Las Vegas Feb 2018 Las Vegas June 2018 Cyprus July & September 2018 Saratoga Springs Oct 2018 Universal Studios Adventura Resort and Hard Rock Hotel Oct 2019 Las Vegas July 2022 Port Orleans FQ & Hard Rock 2022
Simba1980 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Feb 17, 09:52 PM  
Link to this Post
beegnjasmum
VIP Dibber

Mobile

We used it loads in October, it was great. To be fair a couple of drivers weren't that knowledgeable about where they were going eg from POR to Premium Outlets at vineland. However all others were great , very friendly and professional.
Due to leaving a drawer full of clothes at HRH we had to go from Art of animation to HRH then to POR one night and it was $30. The driver was more than happy to wait whilst I nipped into HRH to pick up the clothes.
Most trips from POR to Walmart were $7-8. Think that's excellent value.
Ps all cars we used were absolutely spotless.
beegnjasmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
CABLECAR1974
Excited about Disney

I'm thinking of using Uber rather than pay hire car charges and car parking for our two night stay at Universal. Only glitch is we don't want to use our mobiles (EE) in US so will have to rely on wifi. Can anyone confirm if we'll get free wifi at HardRock so we can book the return journey or will Reception staff assist?

Thanks
CABLECAR1974 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
animal 1970
Dibbing with Tink

we used uber in October and they were fab I like the fact you get the name and the picture of your driver the car colour and make and the fact you do not have to hand over any cash and so much cheaper then meres and I found them more friendly.we had a retired new York cop for one of our journeys and he had some great stories x
animal 1970 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 12:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Davy Crockett
Imagineer

Davy Crockett's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Have used Uber from POR to Universal quite a few times - $14 if I remember rightly.
Old 13 Feb 17, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Where is the best place to get Uber to pick you up from at Universal?
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 02:42 PM  
Link to this Post
curlysue2
Apprentice Imagineer

I am thinking of using Uber for our Discovery Cove trip so we can take advantage of the free alcohol :-). Anyone know how much from RPR to DC?
Also do you just setup an account in the UK and then use as normal when in the US?
curlysue2 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Feb 17, 02:56 PM  
Link to this Post
VICKYTORIAPLUM
Apprentice Imagineer

We have always used Mears in the past so would be interest to hear about Uber and their service. I have just done a quick comparison on each of their websites from ASM to Universal and Uber is quoting between $33-41 dollars - whereas Mears is $53 - 10% if you book online

All Star Movies Sept 2003
All Star Movies Sept 2006
Luxor Las Vegas Feb 2008
All Star Movies Sept 2009
Venetian Las Vegas for Wedding/Lake Buena Vista Resort & Spa for Honeymoon October 2010
Disney Port Orleans Sept 2011

Vicky the Mad Cat Lady
VICKYTORIAPLUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List