Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 23 Feb 17, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
When my 3 children were at Junior School, along with book character day each year we also had Greek Day, Egyptian Day, Tudor Day and Victorian Day😵.
Oh my... Im counting myself lucky then
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
ginger ninja
Imagineer

ginger ninja's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Our school stopped doing dress up days a few years ago as it led to spending money people didn't have and children feeling left out if not in costume. We now do crafty things instead and given plenty of notice, this year we are doing book in a jar and the school will help with supplies if needed

ginger ninja is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
davdawnbro
Getting Excited

world book day! Fills me with dread every year!

My (awkward) child does not want to get dressed up at all, but u know wed night/thurs morning he will change his mind.
davdawnbro is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:42 PM  
Link to this Post
MickeysGirl
Imagineer

I'd have been happy if it was just book characters at our school but no this year they've decided its heroes and villains arghhh!
MickeysGirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
redredshopper
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudgeJ26 View Post
When my 3 children were at Junior School, along with book character day each year we also had Greek Day, Egyptian Day, Tudor Day and Victorian Day😵.
yep we have had all those along with war evacuee day.

thankfully our world book day is to pretend you are a Wizard and dress as a muggle so the wackier the better.
Old 23 Feb 17, 01:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
I thought we'd got it covered this year. Girls are Y9 and their school still does it, they had arranged with friends to go as representing the different factions from Divergent, just meant clothes of a specific colour and as sensible girls they had all chosen the colour they had most clothes of.

My school also dresses up and the Y6 teacher suggested we go as characters from the book the Y6 are reading, Wolves of Willoughby Chase. Again my costume was nice and simple, black skirt and white shirt.

However Katie is now having an op next Thursday so she and I won't be in school!
Old 23 Feb 17, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
elle573
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Mobile

We just had a message from our school and the children won't be dressing up this year but will celebrate it in class.
elle573 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Holidaylover19
VIP Dibber

Holidaylover19's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 2
I remember telling my Mum it was World Book Day tomorrow 15 years ago when I was in primary school. So don't think it's a new thing.
Holidaylover19 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Minniebella
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Originally Posted by 2littleboys View Post
Now as if being a parent isn't sometimes difficult enough, along with school volcano projects and Halloween we now seem to be tasked with the yearly "antics" of World Book Day...

I have just received a text from the school to say that the kids can dress up as their favourite book character next Thursday. So now I need to get the thinking cap on, both boys have already gone as Harry Potter so that's out the window! Im not creative enough for this kind of stuff :angry:
Last year it was just bring your favourite book to school but this year school has decided it will be a fun thing to do😱I am so rubbish at things like this
Oh and not allowed super hero costumes or football kits!
I am trying to push them into Harry Potter and Hermionie😉
Minniebella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Feb 17, 04:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Tor32
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by davdawnbro View Post
world book day! Fills me with dread every year!

My (awkward) child does not want to get dressed up at all, but u know wed night/thurs morning he will change his mind.
They always do!
Tor32 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List