Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 24 Feb 17, 08:52 PM  
Link to this Post
llamala
Imagineer

Personally for me my DD would come first, as in my opinion my kids my DH then parents until kids are adults, then its DH kids then parents.
Yes DD will be understanding and try to be grown up but at the end of the day she will want her mum around. Hope all turns out ok for everyone and at then end of the day only you can make the decision and live with it whatever the outcome.
llamala is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 09:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Bazinga 39
Imagineer

Poor you what a dilemma, I think your right to be going with your mum, as an only child too I would feel exactly the same as you, hope your mum gets good news and your daughters op is a success x
Bazinga 39 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I think you've made the right choice. Your DD is happy knowing you're looking after her grandma and she's being looked after by her Dad.
You would have gone with DD without your DH if there wasn't the appointment clash which is no different than him going without you.
Good luck. Hope both have good outcomes x
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:39 PM  
Link to this Post
katiec68
Imagineer

katiec68's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Im glad you were able to make a decision.

I havent read all the replies but surely a dad is as capable as a mum of taking care of a child in hospital?

Why does it just have to be the mum job?

Katie x
katiec68 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by katiec68 View Post
Im glad you were able to make a decision.

I havent read all the replies but surely a dad is as capable as a mum of taking care of a child in hospital?

Why does it just have to be the mum job?

Katie x
I don't see it as a 'job' I would have wanted both parents there if I was having an op. It's nothing to do with mum over dad .
My mum was with me more than my dad when I was having surgery on my spine but thats because she was able to get more time off than my dad .
If op's daughter is happy for her not to be there then that's all that matters
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Button17
Imagineer

Best wishes to both of them and hugs to you xx
Button17 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 17, 11:02 PM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by llamala View Post
Personally for me my DD would come first, as in my opinion my kids my DH then parents until kids are adults, then its DH kids then parents.
Yes DD will be understanding and try to be grown up but at the end of the day she will want her mum around. Hope all turns out ok for everyone and at then end of the day only you can make the decision and live with it whatever the outcome.
Just wondering why you think you know how the OP's daughter will feel better than she does? I have a 14 year old DD as well who happens to be having a tonsillectomy in April on the same day her 10 year old sister is cheerleading at Wembley. I assumed she would desperately want me at the hospital so have arranged for DH to go to Wembley. When I told her about this thread she surprised me by saying she would definitely want me to be with her Grandmother in those circumstances and actually would be perfectly fine at the hospital with either mum, dad OR grandma!

I would have been perfectly happy with just my dad at 14 as well.
Old 25 Feb 17, 09:19 AM  
Link to this Post
Disney1sttimers
slightly serious Dibber

I was in a similar dilemma a few years ago. My then 3 year old daughter was having a fairly routine ear operation at Great Ormond Street Hospital, on the same day my widowed mum was having an investigative op for possible cancer at our local hospital. I also had my 3 month old daughter in intensive care at St Mary's Hospital. How I got through that day I'll never know but I chose to be with my daughter at Great Ormond Street. Mum completely understood.

Very best wishes for your daughter and mum.
Disney1sttimers is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Twin mummy
Imagineer

Twin mummy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Mobile

Well, I went with my Mum and glad I did, she has breast cancer and is having a lumpectomy on March 30th. Prognosis is good but worried about the general anaesthetic because of other health issues.

I got to my daughter just after she went down so was there when she came back and still there now. Op has gone well and she's sleeping.
Old 2 Mar 17, 07:50 PM  
Link to this Post
windsor_hills
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about your mum. Hope she makes a speedy recovery following her treatment.

Glad your daughters op went well.

Sending hugs and lots of pixie dust.
windsor_hills is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List