Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 19 Jan 16, 09:43 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 19
Originally Posted by DiddyDan View Post
What a lovely proposal?! And so nice that you weren't expecting it at all!

Your wedding venue looks gorgeous! Can't wait to read more x
Thank you
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Update - 21/1/16

Originally I had wanted quite autumnal colours for my wedding and wanted burgundy and orange, but something wasn't quite sitting right with my choice of colours. I kept looking at all these beautiful ideas with these colours, but I kept changing my mind (every other bride to be stalks Pintrest right?) I kept getting drawn to navy blue instead, so initially I changed my colours to navy and orange but when i mentioned this to people they all seemed quite against it.

I then decided that I really liked to idea of having gold in the wedding so decided to change my colour scheme to navy and gold, but also with a bit of blush pink thrown in to make things a bit softer.

(something a bit like this, which I have just found on Google but with more gold)

Last year my sister got married and I was her only bridesmaid and I think it worked out quite well (not having to worry about too many people to look after) so I knew that I wanted to ask her to be my Matron of Honour. I also wanted to include my best friend and she has two young children, who are our Godchildren so I'm also going to have them as flower girls, but with my friend walking them down the aisle before me as they're only going to be 4yrs and 18months old. Although I'm calling then flower girls, they won't have any flowers but instead I'm going to get them something that blows bubbles for when they walk down the aisle.

On the day that I bought my dress (which I'll get onto in another update) we went to have a quick look at dresses for my sister and shed ended up buying one then. I'd already picked my colour scheme at this point so she tried on a couple of navy dresses and bought the second one it's from Coast and is a very popular bridesmaid dress

She looks beautiful in it, although she has mentioned that she may buy another dress for the evening - maybe a shorter style
Yorkie Girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 16, 11:20 AM  
Link to this Post
DLS1005
Imagineer

DLS1005's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Mobile

Love the colour scheme & your sisters dress is beautiful!

I'm also a Pinterest Bride stalker haha! Xx

*2013 - Villa, Seasons Blvd**2011- Rosen Inn @ Pointe Orlando**2009 - VIlla, Seasons Blvd**2003 - Best Western(The Econolodge Inn)**1999 - MIC Lakefront**1998 - Movieland Hotel*
DLS1005 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 16, 11:12 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by DLS1005 View Post
Love the colour scheme & your sisters dress is beautiful!

I'm also a Pinterest Bride stalker haha! Xx
Thank you x

(and I'm glad it's not just me that does that )
Old 29 Jan 16, 08:21 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
Love those colours! The dress in that pic is actually lush, I want it! I might have enough already though
I had a wedding Pinterest board before I got engaged Ross knew about it though and he wasn't bothered, he already knew I was crazy so wasn't fazed!
Your proposal was wonderful and the venue looks beautiful!

Can't wait to read more!
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jan 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
tracey1302
Imagineer

tracey1302's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh wow - loving this wedding planning thread!

I also work at a University in Leeds AND am planning a wedding AND we have very similar colour schemes! Excellent taste obviously

I love those bridesmaids dresses - mine are the same style but with a sheer top instead of the lace! Have a look at my planning thread
tracey1302 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Feb 16, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by PrincessCastle View Post
Love those colours! The dress in that pic is actually lush, I want it! I might have enough already though
I had a wedding Pinterest board before I got engaged Ross knew about it though and he wasn't bothered, he already knew I was crazy so wasn't fazed!
Your proposal was wonderful and the venue looks beautiful!

Can't wait to read more!
That dress is lovely isn't it?

Thank you for reading - once I've caught up on my wedding plans i'm going to start my honeymoon trippie

Originally Posted by tracey1302 View Post
Oh wow - loving this wedding planning thread!

I also work at a University in Leeds AND am planning a wedding AND we have very similar colour schemes! Excellent taste obviously

I love those bridesmaids dresses - mine are the same style but with a sheer top instead of the lace! Have a look at my planning thread
Haha yes, very good taste indeed
I've followed your planning thread for a while now (and looked up a few of those local bridal shops that you mentioned, but then ended up going elsewhere)
Old 24 Feb 16, 12:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
I have bought my wedding ring

I've been looking for a while, but I've found it quite hard to find something to go with my engagement ring. I found a lovely looking one but it was right up at the top of our budget and something just didn't quite sit right with me. Then I found one online in a shop in Leeds so we went to go and have a look at it. As soon as I put it on I knew that this was my ring. So we left the shop to have some lunch and have a think about it (you know, so that I didn't just jump into it ) and then we went straight back to the shop and bought it. The one in the store wasn't the right size so they're making it for me and it'll take about 6 weeks for it to come into the store. I'm super excited about getting it, but upset that I don't get to wear it again until October!

I didn't take a pic of it () and I can't seem to get an image to work so I'll have to wait until I get it to show you all a pic of it
Old 24 Feb 16, 01:01 PM  
Link to this Post
EllenClaire
Imagineer

EllenClaire's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
I am loving reading your report and I am also from Leeds and we struggled finding our wedding venue (after ruling our Florida of course) we ended up getting married in Wakefield at a lovely hotel but Knaresborough is a beautiful place & your venue looks lovely
Sheraton World Resort 2004,International Spa & Plaza 2006,The Fountains 2007,The Lighthouse Key Resort 2008,Clarion Inn & Suites 2010,Sunset Lakes Dibb Villa Sept 2012, Liki Tiki Village May 2015,Encantada Resort May 2016,High Grove Resort Dibb Villa May 2017,Encantada Resort May 2018,Encantada Resort May 2019, Encantada Resort May 2020
EllenClaire is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Feb 16, 01:07 PM  
Link to this Post
Yorkie Girl
Imagineer

Yorkie Girl's Reviews
Originally Posted by EllenClaire View Post
I am loving reading your report and I am also from Leeds and we struggled finding our wedding venue (after ruling our Florida of course) we ended up getting married in Wakefield at a lovely hotel but Knaresborough is a beautiful place & your venue looks lovely
Thanks for reading, where in Wakefield did you get married? x