Notices
Shopping in Florida For all those Shopaholics out there.

Closed Thread

Old 20 Aug 16, 08:34 AM  
Link to this Post
onion2803
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by alannamr View Post
Sorry to jump on this thread, can someone take me through how to set this app up on an iphone / ipad please - must be step-by-step as I am not very technical! i am sure that we will need to use it during our up and coming trip in Oct. thanks
I can't quite remember step by step how I got it on my ipad but I'll have a fiddle around with it this afternoon and let you know. You can download it when you arrive in the US without problems as far as I know xx
onion2803 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 09:01 AM  
Link to this Post
alannamr
Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by onion2803 View Post
I can't quite remember step by step how I got it on my ipad but I'll have a fiddle around with it this afternoon and let you know. You can download it when you arrive in the US without problems as far as I know xx
Thanks
alannamr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 09:10 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

I replied to a thread a while ago on how to set it up but can't find it lol!

This set up is for Apple devices. I'm not sure how to do it for Android.

1) Go to your App Store, scroll right down to the bottom and sign out of your UK apple account.

2) You will now need to create a new email address in order to use it as your new apple ID - Google Mail is a good option.

ONCE YOU HAVE CREATED YOUR NEW EMAIL ADDRESS, DO NOT CREATE A NEW APPLE ACCOUNT YET AS IT WILL ASK FOR PAYMENT OPTIONS

3) Now go to google using your phones browser and type in Disney Parks Shopping App these apps will show...click the first one.

4) It will take you to the App Store and might say something like, you need to use the US App Store so just confirm it when that message comes up. If this does happen search again for the app so type in "Shop Disney Parks" and this will come up

(Mine says open because I already have it on my phone)

5) Select 'Get' next to the app and then 'Install' and it will prompt you to login...THIS IS WHEN YOU NEED TO SELECT CREATE NEW APPLE ID AND SET UP YOUR NEW APPLE ACCOUNT.

6)Select USA as your location.
Click Next and then agree to the terms and conditions.

7) At this point insert your new google Mail email address and choose a password and security questions. Then complete all of your security questions and DOB etc. Once you have done this, click Next.

8) Once you are at this stage, it will ask for your payment details.

CLICK NONE

Do not try and enter card details as it will recognise your card as a UK account and will not let you continue.

9)Once you have selected None, enter a US Address, ZIP and Telephone Number - i used a disney hotel address.

10)Complete the process and try and install the app.

You might need to verify your new Apple account to which they will send an email to the new email address. Once the email address has been verified, The app should then start to Download. If it doesn't download automatically, you might need to search and install it and will be able to do this without any issues.

Remember to write your new Apple login in details as once the app has downloaded, you will need to sign back in to your UK App Store to be able to do any updates on existing apps.

Just from time to time, log in to the new US App Store just in case the Disney Shop App needs any updates

Hope that helps

Edited at 11:09 AM.
welshmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 09:17 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by alannamr View Post
Thanks
Just done a step by step guide for you
Old 20 Aug 16, 09:38 AM  
Link to this Post
Blimpys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

It won't let me not add a payment card :-(
Blimpys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Blimpys View Post
It won't let me not add a payment card :-(
It should give you the option of selecting "None" as a payment method if you have followed the guide above
Old 20 Aug 16, 10:27 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I reallllly want an Oswald soft toy...for me not the kids lol where can I find one? Anyone?

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 10:40 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NewtoOrlando View Post
I reallllly want an Oswald soft toy...for me not the kids lol where can I find one? Anyone?

They have this one in Stock @ World of Disney, Disney Springs

Or a knitted one

Also in stock at World of Disney

Edited at 10:42 AM.
welshmum is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
welshmum
Imagineer

Originally Posted by pixie81 View Post
Mine won't let me select none at the card bit either
Are you creating a new apple ID and entering all of the details before searching for the app? If so, you can't do it this way as it won't let you select None as the payment option.

You need to make sure that you sign out of the UK store and then go onto Google and search for the Disney Parks Shop app. You can select it from here and it will take you directly to the app store. Install the app from here and then sign in using 'create new account'

Edited at 10:59 AM.
Old 20 Aug 16, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Blimpys
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Ah bless you I have made it work. Your all so so kind x
Blimpys is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Closed Thread