Notices
Weddings and Honeymoons DIBBers wedding and honeymoon planning and chat.

Old 30 Sep 16, 10:15 PM  
Link to this Post

Morganza, do you have any photos of your flowers for inspiration. Thistles are my main requirement. Your combination sound lovely. X

Originally Posted by Morganza View Post
Congratulations, Dimple and all the other PC brides!

I also used Flowers by Lesley and she was brilliant. Flowers were the only item I was fussy about. I wanted ivory roses and lilies with blue delphiniums, and thistles and white heather buttonholes. Lesley managed all of that beautifully.

Seriously, don't stress about it all. The Paradise Cove people are fantastic; they just make sure it all runs smoothly.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Hi Shelley

I didn't get married at Disney, but I did plan my South African wedding from the UK, so I do understand some of your stress. The best advice I can offer is that the likelihood of something not going to plan when we want everything to be perfect is rather high. Accept this and embrace it, as I can assure you it is the things that go wrong that you will laugh about more in the years to come. In our case it was our cake kindly made by my cousin, that we all talk about when we reminisce about that day!
Enjoy the planning and have fun, that is all that matters and if anything goes wrong or not according to plan, look forward to sharing that story for many years to come. Saying my wedding was perfect, doesn't make for much of a story. Good luck 😀😀

Edited at 10:24 AM.
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by OnOurWay View Post
Hi Shelley

I didn't get married at Disney, but I did plan my South African wedding from the UK, so I do understand some of your stress. The best advice I can offer is that the likelihood of something not going to plan when we want everything to be perfect is rather high. Accept this and embrace it, as I can assure you it is the things that go wrong that you will laugh about more in the years to come. In our case it was our cake kindly made by my cousin, that we all talk about when we reminisce about that day!
Enjoy the planning and have fun, that is all that matters and if anything goes wrong or not according to plan, look forward to sharing that story for many years to come. Saying my wedding was perfect, doesn't make for much of a story. Good luck 😀😀
Awww thank you. Yes, think I need to get into that mind-set of what will be will be.

I bet you had an amazing wedding there. haven't been myself, but my uncle lived there for 20 years and my dad visited a lot and loved it.

Thanks for your sound advice. x

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by k4tiemay View Post
Ah bless you. Honestly I'm sure it'll all come together, there's loads of time. We're getting married at a very similar time and we've booked nothing except the hotel. To be fair though we have no guests, which surely relieves a significant amount of stress. My little girl has requested flowers, so we'll need to get some of those at some point...
haha don't feel as bad now I know you've only booked your hotel

Hope your planning goes smoothly

DLP - 2003 Santa Fe
DLP - 2010 Hotel Cheyenne
Disney Art of Animation Resort - Sept 2012.
NYC - Feb 2014
Dibb villa @ Lindfields Sept 2014

** Wedding, Dreamy Corner 22.9.17 **
NYC Feb 2014 Mini Trip Report
Scouse meets Mouse Pre trippy Sept 2012 here ©
Scouse meets Mouse Trip Report Sept 2012 here (in the making) ©
lickerofthetoe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Oct 16, 01:10 AM  
Link to this Post
OnOurWay
Excited about Disney

Originally Posted by lickerofthetoe View Post
Awww thank you. Yes, think I need to get into that mind-set of what will be will be.

I bet you had an amazing wedding there. haven't been myself, but my uncle lived there for 20 years and my dad visited a lot and loved it.

Thanks for your sound advice. x
My pleasure, the wedding was fab, not perfect, but wonderfully memorable, as I am suse yours will be. Best of luck x
OnOurWay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 16, 03:57 PM  
Link to this Post
k4tiemay
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

Originally Posted by lickerofthetoe View Post
haha don't feel as bad now I know you've only booked your hotel

Hope your planning goes smoothly
Yep, we're still no further on with the prep really. Maybe we ought to do something...
Are you having a 'back home' do afterwards? I think that might take the most work. x
k4tiemay is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Dec 16, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
lickerofthetoe
Imagineer

Originally Posted by k4tiemay View Post
Yep, we're still no further on with the prep really. Maybe we ought to do something...
Are you having a 'back home' do afterwards? I think that might take the most work. x
Hi hun,

Sorry for the late reply. Only just come back on here this week, been up the wall with my daughters American an boyfriend coming over to visit.

We aren't bothering with an at home party. OH's family only consists of his mum and I have a big family, so didn't think it would be fair to him. We decided against it. We will go for a family & friends slap up meal instead, for those who we would have liked to have been at the wedding.

Edited at 10:24 PM.