Notices
Car Hire & Transportation Discuss the best way of getting around Florida.

Old 28 Dec 16, 05:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Alamo prepay for fuel

Hi

I have just completed on-line check in so I can skip the counter and go straight to the car

My question is though, how do I prepay for the fuel so I can take it back emptyish? I cant see anywhere on the site that it mentions it.

Thanks
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 05:09 PM  
Link to this Post
kirkdalewdw
Imagineer

You can do it as you drive out of the garage
kirkdalewdw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
DFCH-Andy
DIBB Advertiser
- DIBB Advertiser -

Its one of the bottom options when you do the online check in. Gives you a rough estimate of costs based on today's fuel price. (will vary depending slightly on fuel costs when you collect the vehicle).

Alternatively, as kirkdalewdw said above, just ask for it as you exit the car park.

www.discountfloridacarhire.co.uk
DFCH-Andy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Dec 16, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Ninnybobs
Apprentice Imagineer

As mentioned above, when you get to barrier, just tell the member of staff that you want to prepay for fuel.
Ninnybobs is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 12:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Thank you, I have found it, and it sorted
Mjordan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post

Good luck with trying to return a car on "emptyish"! The tendency is to return them with about a quarter of a tank remaining and the hire company is the winner. With tanks taking about 10 - 12 UK gallons, that's a lot of fuel.

I always refuse the option of paying for a full tank up front - I take the car full and return it that way. The gas (petrol) station next to McDonalds on Sand Lake Road isn't that far from MCO and I usually fill up there. The gauge is still showing full when I get to the airport after a steady drive.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Dec 16, 06:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Mjordan
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by TerryAFS View Post
Good luck with trying to return a car on "emptyish"! The tendency is to return them with about a quarter of a tank remaining and the hire company is the winner. With tanks taking about 10 - 12 UK gallons, that's a lot of fuel.

I always refuse the option of paying for a full tank up front - I take the car full and return it that way. The gas (petrol) station next to McDonalds on Sand Lake Road isn't that far from MCO and I usually fill up there. The gauge is still showing full when I get to the airport after a steady drive.
i understand what you are saying, but in the scheme of things a few extra $$ for prepaid fuel compared to filling it up myself is nothing in comparison to how much this holiday costs

I would much rather pay for the fuel, than be looking for a gas station on my last day. but thanks for your opinion
Old 29 Dec 16, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Mr Tom Morrow
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 3
Originally Posted by Mjordan View Post
i understand what you are saying, but in the scheme of things a few extra $$ for prepaid fuel compared to filling it up myself is nothing in comparison to how much this holiday costs

I would much rather pay for the fuel, than be looking for a gas station on my last day. but thanks for your opinion
Terry is right. However there are 2 'camps' on this forum. The pay in advance and the fill up on the day ones

I sit in the pay in advance for the reasons you have articulated. I cannot be bothered for the sake of circa $6

"PAGING MR MORROW, MR TOM MORROW..."

''I drink Wine and know things''

DVC Owners at SSR since 2003.
Multiple annual visits to America since 1976
Mr Tom Morrow is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 11:07 AM  
Link to this Post
chappyr1
A Guest at All-Stars

I have to agree with Tom, plus when I prepaid when picking up from the Dolphin, the fuel was as cheap as any of the garages in the area.
chappyr1 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Dec 16, 01:22 PM  
Link to this Post

I stick to my point of not paying for a full tank of fuel. As for the suggestion of saving $6 by doing so, I think it's more like $10 and although I understand that in the scheme of the total holiday cost it seems rather small, I have to save very hard to afford holidays in Florida and it bugs me to think that I'll be subsidising a car hire company a single dollar! $10 to me will pay for a good buffet breakfast.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List