Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 7 Feb 20, 11:04 AM  
Link to this Post
Stu
Imagineer

Stu's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 324
Guidebook Photos: 485
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Details for StarWars Hotel at Disney's Hollywood Studios

Disney has released a new video for the new immersive hotel experience coming to Disney's Hollywood Studios in 2021, the Star Wars: Galactic Starcruiser.

Guests will live aboard the Galactic Starcruiser for two days and two nights. Reservations will open later this year.

When arriving at Walt Disney World guests will be directed to the new Galactic Starcruiser transport terminal,

here they will enter a small launch pod/capsule that will simulate the launch in to space.

Guests will be able to observe the stars and the expanse of space through the capsule window, eventually the floating Galactic Starcruiser will come in to view as you approach for docking.

After docking guests will depart the capule and enter the Atrium of the Galactic Starcruiser.

After finalising check-in procedures guests will be directed to their cabin, cabins can sleep up to 5 guests and include Star Wars style bunk bed pods.

The cabins also have a space window where you can watch the stars and space beyond.

Guests will be invited to participate in a variety of on-board activities such as wielding a light sabre against a practice drone.

All guests will be invited to tour the bridge of the Galactic Starcruiser where navigation and defence systems can be explored.

Guests can visit the Black Spire Outpost on the planet of Batuu, StarWars Galaxy's Edge, using the Galactic Starcruiser Transporters. Transporters take guests from the Galactic Starcruiser emerging directly in to StarWars Galaxy's Edge land.

images ©Disney

Edited at 11:11 AM.
Stu is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Tsoski
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

Shut up and take my money!
Tsoski is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnyDuck
Serious Dibber

WOW! Wonder how many $$$$ this will cost?
DonnyDuck is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 11:47 AM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Argh... we are hoping to go back in 2021... But without knowing when this will be available to book I'm now having to think again about our trip.

Considering Disney's ability to deliver a firm date for anything ... does anyone have an idea when this will be available either to go or to book?
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Unicorn88
Earning My Ears

Looks Class ... Guess I need to start saving now.
April / May 2023 and now 2024
Unicorn88 is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 01:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Leia77
VIP Dibber

Leia77's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

Can’t wait for this 😁
Leia77 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by DougTemplar View Post
does anyone have an idea when this will be available either to go or to book?
As it says in the original post: "Reservations will open later this year".

That, and the fact that the Starcruiser will open "sometime" in 2021, is all we know at the moment. No one knows anything more, I'm afraid. We'll have to wait.

Originally Posted by DonnyDuck View Post
WOW! Wonder how many $$$$ this will cost?
The rumour (and I stress this is just a wild rumour and not at all confirmed) is that it'll cost around $3000 for a cabin for 1 person and around $7000 for a cabin for 5 people for the whole 2 night/3 day stay.

Yup, it's going to be expensive.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post

The rumour (and I stress this is just a wild rumour and not at all confirmed) is that it'll cost around $3000 for a cabin for 1 person and around $7000 for a cabin for 5 people for the whole 2 night/3 day stay.

Yup, it's going to be expensive.
Strange pricing model if true. As a couple we would be better off getting a room each than a shared room.

DH agrees we need to go.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Nimbus
Imagineer

Nimbus's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 8
Restaurant Reviews: 21

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 36
Guidebook Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Claudette View Post
Strange pricing model if true. As a couple we would be better off getting a room each than a shared room.

DH agrees we need to go.
I'm guessing that's just the two ends of the scale and that there might be cabins for 2 as well, possibly priced at (maybe) $5000.

~ Trip Report Indexes ~
Nimbus is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Feb 20, 05:35 PM  
Link to this Post
DougTemplar
Chilling at Carribean Beach

DougTemplar's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Nimbus View Post
As it says in the original post: "Reservations will open later this year".

That, and the fact that the Starcruiser will open "sometime" in 2021, is all we know at the moment. No one knows anything more, I'm afraid. We'll have to wait.
I did read the original post, I was hoping for someone to perhaps have a bit more insider knowledge considering Disney dates for releasing things can be somewhat flexible. For example when we booked in 2018 to go in 2019 we were told that Galaxy's edge would open in the late fall of 2019.

So we booked for the summer knowing we couldn't go in October or November. Only to find Galaxy's edge opened in August and had we known that in April 2018 we would have booked for August/September 2019 instead.

I don't want a repeat of that situation for our plans for next year so having some more insight even if it's not official would be handy as we consider our plans for next year. While it be might very well be no dibber knows more about dates I'm fairly sure someone knows more and I hope if anyone gets a tip off we would hear on the dibb.
DougTemplar is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List