Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 29 Sep 20, 02:35 PM  
Link to this Post
Bozza
Imagineer

Bozza's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 49
Oh to be arguing about tipping again...

Those were the days my friends, we thought they'd never end. In related news...

Disney customer branded 'rude' for refusing to tip staff on 'outrageous' food bill >>> mirror/news/uk-new...LQZPelacAanaME

A Disney customer was branded rude for refusing to tip during a trip to one of the theme park's food outlets.

They had forked out $45.05 (around £35) for pizza with toppings including pepperoni, olives, mushrooms and onions.

When their bill arrived, they were were advised to leave a tip of around £7 for the table service they received.

But instead of thanking those who served them, they wrote on the receipt: “Sorry not to tip but this price is outrageous”.

Part One
Part Two
Bozza is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 02:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

I read about it yesterday, the customer wasn't concerned about price when they added 5 extra topping were they And they used AP/DVC to get 10% off so they should be familiar with WDW food prices.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Loulou127
Imagineer

And presumably it wasn’t a Brit who didn’t know about tipping etiquette in the USA 😱😱😱
Loulou127 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Am I the only one wondering which TS this was 😂

And... Facebook cringeposting?! This sounds ... ?!
Old 29 Sep 20, 06:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Apparently it was a blogger/TA called smartmomsplandisney eating at Via Napoli - she is now getting crucified on various social media sites.

The pizza in question was $24 and the extra toppings she ordered added another $23 - she doubled the price of her pizza.

Another blogger has organised a whip round and the server is now in line for a $600 tip.

Edited at 07:09 PM.
Dr.JumbaJookiba is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:17 PM  
Link to this Post
keith1973
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post
Apparently it was a blogger/TA called smartmomsplandisney eating at Via Napoli - she is now getting crucified on various social media sites.

The pizza in question was $24 and the extra toppings she ordered added another $23 - she doubled the price of her pizza.

Another blogger has organised a whip round and the server is now in line for a $600 tip.
That on its own is crazy how can you double the price of a pizza with toppings. But it’s not as if they didn’t know the price I’ve got to say I wouldn’t pay that for a pizza
Old 29 Sep 20, 08:34 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dr.JumbaJookiba View Post

Given the above it feels like Smart Mom and Plans Disney are perhaps not the most apt choice of name

Thanks for satisfying my curiosity!
Old 29 Sep 20, 07:25 PM  
Link to this Post
sha9
VIP Dibber

sha9's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Must be a slow news day for the Mirror to be posting a story like this but the name of the Facebook group is apt because this is cringeworthy!

Trip Report Index
sha9 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:00 PM  
Link to this Post
grumpybri
VIP Dibber

My maths might be out but the 18 or 20% tip amount is more than it should be. Even if you add tax the suggested tip amount don’t add up.
Maybe that’s why they refused to tip?
Old 30 Sep 20, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Dr.JumbaJookiba
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by grumpybri View Post
My maths might be out but the 18 or 20% tip amount is more than it should be. Even if you add tax the suggested tip amount don’t add up.
Maybe that’s why they refused to tip?
It's calculated on the $47. It's usual for tip amounts to be calculated before discounts are removed or tax added. Should be something an AP holder who claims to spend a week a month there is familiar with.