Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 16

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 78
Originally Posted by nickyjw View Post
Julia I feel your pain leaving Yosemite... It's truly beautiful and I agree no photo does it justice. Your hotel looks nice in San Fran, we weren't too far away from you where we stayed. I loved Alcatraz, it was so creepy being on the island at night when it had gone dark. Another great day for you and your family... Glad you managed to get your washing done. We don't do any! That's why we don't travel light probably!
So true Nicky photo's don't do the place justice. The hotels was really nice if not a little noisy. I think i would've been a bit scared going at night lol but what a great experience it must have been.

I think we need to do as you do Nicky next time and just take the extra luggage

Thanks for reading along
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Mar 20, 02:54 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Your hotel room looks nice, I bet you enjoyed a clean shower! I’m pleased you all enjoyed Alcatraz and that it was child friendly, if Poppy enjoyed it I’m sure our girls would find it interesting.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Mar 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Fuellady
VIP Dibber

I'm not surprised you were sad to leave Yosemite - it looks truly amazing. After reading your report and seeing your photographs, I just have to visit there some day.

San Francisco also looks great. The tour of Alcatraz sounds really interesting. I didn't realise there was a self guided tour but that sounds great as you can take it at your own pace. In Out Burger seems to be a favourite on this trip but I must admit the burgers look really good

Haha, it must be nice to get your clothes cleaned, although it's a shame about your shorts. I'll probably feel the same after lots of days on the road and be desperate to find a laundry. Your own bathroom too - luxury

All of my trip reports are in this INDEX

My most recent reports are below:
*Complete* A Tale of Two Cities - Washington D.C. & Boston - March 2023
We Love Food! An Offsite Dining Report - May 2022
Fuellady is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by OB1LukeLucas View Post
Your hotel room looks nice, I bet you enjoyed a clean shower! I’m pleased you all enjoyed Alcatraz and that it was child friendly, if Poppy enjoyed it I’m sure our girls would find it interesting.
That shower was so very welcome!

I wasn't sure if Poppy would like it but was so glad that she did
juliab is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Mar 20, 03:18 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by Fuellady View Post
I'm not surprised you were sad to leave Yosemite - it looks truly amazing. After reading your report and seeing your photographs, I just have to visit there some day.

San Francisco also looks great. The tour of Alcatraz sounds really interesting. I didn't realise there was a self guided tour but that sounds great as you can take it at your own pace. In Out Burger seems to be a favourite on this trip but I must admit the burgers look really good

Haha, it must be nice to get your clothes cleaned, although it's a shame about your shorts. I'll probably feel the same after lots of days on the road and be desperate to find a laundry. Your own bathroom too - luxury
If you do get the chance to visit Yosemite Lynda go for it the place is just so beautiful.

I didn't realise it was self guided either until we arrived there? It was a really good tour which gave out the right level of information without overloading you with too many facts.

Oh my word it felt so good to have a proper wash and to get our clothes cleaned
Old 1 Jul 20, 08:17 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Great start to your San Fran stay!
Your visit to the launderette made me chuckle...needs must, lol.
I love that you appreciated a clean, private shower more than anything lol, it's the simple things!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jul 20, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
juliab
Imagineer

juliab's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by NatsyNoo View Post
Great start to your San Fran stay!
Your visit to the launderette made me chuckle...needs must, lol.
I love that you appreciated a clean, private shower more than anything lol, it's the simple things!
Never thought I'd be so thankful for both a washing machine and a clean shower!