Notices

Old 7 Apr 20, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

Ok Let's Try This With A Baby - Feb/March 2020 - Day 15

Dd and I managed a bit of a lie in this morning after our later night last night. DS woke up and dh took him for a walk around to the resort. DH got talking to some of the dvc reps and is swaying towards us buying more points.
I woke up around 8.30 and DH got back with a coffee for me not long after. We decided that this morning we would head out to Disney springs and hit the shops we hadn't managed to visit yet, mainly the Christmas shop. We parked in the orange garage and walked down to the bottom end of Disney springs. We were all feeling pretty hungry so stopped off at the earl of sandwich for an early lunch. Dd had the chicken noodle soup which she said was really good and finished the whole lot.

DH and I both got the same, our usual holiday turkey sandwich. This is absolutely the best sandwich I have ever had! Every time I have it again I'm reminded of its awesomeness. It's turkey, cornbread stuffing mayonnaise and cranberry.

DH got a packet of sea salt and vinegar crisps and a large soft drink for us to share.

Our total cost came to $22.77 with 10% dvc/passholder discount.
We spent abit of time in the Christmas shop and bought 3 baubles, they were on offer for $20 each of you bought 3 and we used our 20% discount to bring the price to around $50 for them. After a look in a few more shops we were running out of time as we had to get back for our 12.45 reservation at beaches and cream. We left Disney springs and unfortunately there had been a crash between a Disney bus and construction vehicle at the junction for beach club and the road was closed. The other end of the same road along past boardwalk is closed for construction work so we couldn't figure out how to get back to beach club in time for our reservation. We pulled into the boardwalk and asked the cast member on the gate who suggested we park there and walk round for our reservation which we were grateful for and crisis averted, Dd would have been devastated if we missed our reservation as shes bee so excited to do the kitchen sink!

We arrived on time for our reservation and were seated almost immediately. Our server was training someone so we had two people tending to us. We ordered water for Dd and I to drink and DH had a pink lemonade. I've made the mistake In the past of having a fizzy drink with the kitchen sink and it doesn't go well together.

We ordered our kitchen sink which is 8 scoops of ice cream (2 chocolate, 2 vanilla, 2 strawberry, 1 mint chocolate chip and one cookies and cream). It's topped with all 22 toppings they have and a whole can of whipped cream. It's served in a novelty mini sink with an oversized spoon. Toppings wise we weren't able to pick out all 22 but some of them were brownie, sponge cake,
Chocolate sauce, peanut butter sauce, chocolate chips, peanut butter chips, candies fruit, cherries, strawberries, pineapple, snickers, Oreos. We made a decent stab at it eating most of the toppings and ice cream while it was solid. Once it had turned to a soul we called it a day absolutely stuffed. Total cost was $42 and a great experience, Dd loved it.

After our tonnes of ice cream the logical thing to do now was to go In the pool! So we headed to the room got changed and spent a couple of hours at stormalong bay. DS slept most of the time we were there and DH's and I took turns in going in with Dd. Around 4.45 we called it a day and went back to the room as we had to get ready to head out to magic kingdom for moonlight magic.

We originally were going to get the bus but decided last minute we would drive over there in case the queues for the buses were horrendous at the end of the night. We took the ferry boat over the seven seas lagoon and arrived at magic kingdom just before 7pm.

They had queues specifically for the event and we were signed in and given our wristband and food coupon in no time.
Our first stop was our fastpass to see Mickey. Dd had drawn a picture for Mickey and wanted to give it to him but was having a wobble, we managed to convince her to and Mickey was fantastic he made a really big deal of the picture was hugging her and then went and put it on his dressing table. After visiting Mickey it was 7.25 and we had a fastpass for seven dwarfs mine train at 7.30 but the happily ever after fireworks were in at 8pm and we really wanted to watch them from as near to the castle as possible. So we decided Dd and I would quickly go and do seven dwarfs mine train and DH would go and get a space for happily ever after.

We love seven dwarfs especially in the dark! It's awesome. Once off we headed for the area I front of the castle and managed to find DH with about 15 minutes to spare before the fireworks.
These were as good as ever and I got teary at the end when tinkerbelle flew over our heads.

After the fireworks the park had technically closed for regular guests but moonlight magic didn't start till 9pm. We made our way to cosmic rays starlight cafe and got our complimentary meals. DH and Dd both had the 8 piece chicken nugget meal one with chocolate milk and one with coke. I had the 1/3lb Angus bacon cheeseburger with a minutemaid lemonade. The total for these 3 should have been $48 so I really great perk of the evening. We also picked up some Fixin's to go with our meals. We got some pickles and jalapeños and onions. My burger was absolutely delicious, there was loads of crispy bacon in it and the burger was really charred and tasty.

After our food we headed out to the tea cups, Dd and I went on these, they were a walk on and half the cups were empty. Next up we walked along to Tomorrowland speedway, this had about a 10 minute wait and DH and Dd went on this.

Next we decided to all go on the peoplemover, as we got over there we joined the dance party for 15 minutes or so. Peoplemover had a small queue m, mostly just waiting for people to clear the top of the moving walkway. After peoplemover we went upto storybook circus and got ourselves a Mickey ice cream from the cart where they were handing them out, the queue was really long but it was really well managed and only took about a minute. We sat on the wall by dumbo and ate them. We had considered meeting some of the rare characters that were out but the queues were quite long compared to the rides so we decided to stick to rides instead. As we walked through fantasyland we stopped off at the carousel which was a walk on and again more than half the horses were free when we were on it. As we walked past Peter Pan we noted it o LG had a 25 minute wait but kept on going. The rapunzel and Flynn rider lantern photograph was very popular and had a massive queue. We walked all the way down to splash mountain and saw that some of the boats were going round empty. DH and Dd went on this and it was another walk on. Once off we walked round to pirates and this too was a walk on, the 3 boats in front of us had no one in them.

We were starting to flag by now and knowing we had the mission of getting back to the car we considered leaving but the dvc firework special was on shortly so we decided we would stay for that if Main Street wasn't too crowded. Well we actually managed to get a seat just behind a row of people in front of the castle. Everyone here stayed seated though out and it was lovely being able to sit and enjoy the fireworks in a relaxed manner. The fireworks were really good aswell! Not to the standard of happily ever after but great to watch non the less.

By now it was 11.45 and we decided to make our way to the exit in the hope we would beat most of the crowds leaving and not have too long of a wait at the monorail. We were actually able to fit on the first monorail that came along and it wasn't too long before we were back at the car and making our way back to beach club. We were all straight to sleep when we got back.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
app
DIBB App Manager

New Photo Added by missdopey - 7 Apr 20 11:09 AM.
app is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Apr 20, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
A good day with shopping ,relaxing and MK

Joan
Old 8 Apr 20, 10:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Tink 45
VIP Dibber

Hi I’ve read your whole trip report over the last couple of days, we’ll up to day 15!
I’ve really loved it, you’ve had some great days. It brings home the magic and glory of being in Disney and makes this absolutely necessary lockdown a bit more tolerable. As a nurse my days at work are pretty scary right now so this has been a welcome distraction
Thanks so much for sharing xx
Tink 45 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Apr 20, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
flo-tinka
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for sharing so far. You all seem to have had a fab time. Low crowds at MK Passholder event 👍👍
flo-tinka is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List