Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 3 Oct 15, 10:35 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Solo trip day 8 Discovery cove

Well today is DC DAY,its my fifth visit,first time i thought it wouldnt be for me,
1)i dont sunbathe
2)i dont do cold water
3)i dont drink
HA HA..DISCOVERY COVE IS HEAVEN
i set alarm for 6am,but cancelled as i was up and ready,i grabbed a banana and an orange juice as i had a quick hello with kathleen and john before heading to bus stop .
a number 8 came and brought me to DC FOR APPROX 7.10AM

An elderly gentlemen offered to book me in as he could only do small parties as he didnt have a desk,just a laptop
He recommended i try the frozen mango cocktail.

He put my paperwork away and said OK,lets get your swim time sorted first,i had to tell him i was a non swim.
we had a nice chat,went over to far desk to get my lanyard,then i was on my way.

Next was free photo,then i had breakfast

I took a stroll around before putting camera into a locker,and enjoyed a practically empty park.

Had another snack while i waited for aviary to open

NEXT THE AVIARY

Next was lazy river and i have to say i spent most of the day in here

I soon found out that they no longer do trail mix here,was really looking forward to them,they were soooooo yummy.

this is one of the snack kiosks.

so i grabbed a frozen mango cocktail as recommended,it was so refreshing
First time i ever sat in the pool with the chairs in the water with a drink. i know its a popular area
There was a lady in here ,hair was done up lovely with flowers ,she looked straight out of a magazine,and she had very young twin babies.fair play to her

lunch time i think

One thing i dont do is COLD water,so have never been in with dolphins or the grand reef,i could hear my future daughter in laws voice telling me i would only feel the cold for a minute and to do it,when i took a stroll up this morning i had it in my head i would love to do it today
So i headed back up there i and paddled for a while then thought JUST GO UNDER THE WATER NOW,put snorkel on ,and under the water i went and was delighted i did,first time in with the lovely big rays,and lovely colourful reef also.it was fabulous,didnt go far in as i am not confident in deep water,but i was very proud of myself today

I had a second frozen mango and crisps.
Swim areas were all quite now for lunch time and i watched this guy for ages,he was having a great time playing with his toys.no one else around apart from trainer

more swimming in lazy river,shower ,change etc and time to leave

Approx 5.30pm...Today cost me 40euro,and what a day ,i had a fabulous time and highly recommend DC .
I was talking to lady outside,we got talking dogs,i was missing rocky at this stage,she had some cool stickers on her car

Shuttle came and dropped me at SW,i ride arrived immediately.half way to i drive a ladty fainted on it.it was jam packed.Thankfully she was fine after a few minutes,and a little girl gave her a seat.
Got to hotel.finished packing cases for my move to disney.
Went to point orlando and got my youngest a nice fleece in Hilfiger,
some sanitizer holders in bath and body,some more Cinnamon gum in walgreens.it was $1.29 a packet,i bought 6 packs and was less than $4 because i used my walgreens card,cant believe all the years i have shopped in here and never noticed the different prices.
Went to business center and signed up for UBER,might use it to get to disney tomorrow

8 days gone already.
Goodnight

Edited at 05:03 PM.
gettingthere is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 15, 01:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Fifimouse
Chilling at Carribean Beach

Fifimouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Restaurant Reviews: 14
yay! you went into the reef! Love the pics mam, Caroline delighted she made it into your trip report . Gutted about the trail mix! The mango cocktails are amazing.
Old 4 Oct 15, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Fifimouse View Post
yay! you went into the reef! Love the pics mam, Caroline delighted she made it into your trip report . Gutted about the trail mix! The mango cocktails are amazing.
YEP...GO ME...if next trip is december though dont think i will be going back in then,they do peanuts now instead of trail mix,but plenty on offer to eat there there even for fussy eater like me
Old 4 Oct 15, 07:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Mudhut
Excited about Disney

Great report just caught up with it, I was at the Homewood the same time as you, I arrived on the evening of the 4th and stayed for 2 weeks, it's great isn't it.
Mudhut is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 15, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Mudhut View Post
Great report just caught up with it, I was at the Homewood the same time as you, I arrived on the evening of the 4th and stayed for 2 weeks, it's great isn't it.
Thank you,was it your first stay there,i have stayed a few times,and love it.
Old 4 Oct 15, 08:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

So empty! Looks gorgeous!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 15, 10:32 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
So empty! Looks gorgeous!
Have you been?..it never looks busy,because of restricted numbers,but as i took that walk ,people were at breakfast or getting ready for their early swims.was lovely
Old 5 Oct 15, 12:13 PM  
Link to this Post

OMG no trail mix? maybe I won't go in May now :angry:

Seriously though I love that trail mix, a few packs always find their way into my bag to keep me going over the next few days! Maybe they are just trying the nuts out and will bring it back!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Oct 15, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
gettingthere
Imagineer

Originally Posted by dotb View Post
OMG no trail mix? maybe I won't go in May now :angry:

Seriously though I love that trail mix, a few packs always find their way into my bag to keep me going over the next few days! Maybe they are just trying the nuts out and will bring it back!
Think that may be why they stopped having them,i always took some away with me also.great snack to have in the bag while at the parks
Old 5 Oct 15, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gettingthere View Post
Think that may be why they stopped having them,i always took some away with me also.great snack to have in the bag while at the parks
Hmm interestingly the trail mix is still being listed as one of the snacks on the website so I will keep hoping that maybe it is a temporary thing.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List