Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Planning Disneyland California and West Coast Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Sep 20, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hollywood hotels... what area? And San Diego...

If I can talk DH into it, i'm planning a US road trip for 2022. Gives me something to do as currently poorly lol.

We would want to do 2 nights in the Hollywood area. To do Walk of Fame, Warner Bros, The Grove, Santa Monica Pier etc. Is 2 nights enough? What area is best to look at? We will have a car, so parking would be essential (free or not) but not sure what area to stay in.

Also, we want to do San Diego, I have pencilled in a minimum of 5 nights... is this enough? Dh went when he was in the Navy, and has always been desperate to get back (this is my bargaining chip lol)

Thanks!

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 08:15 PM  
Link to this Post
landandword17
Imagineer

The Grove and Santa Monica are not in the Hollywood area. With 2 days you'd be looking at something like Day 1 - Warner Bros and the Hollywood area and then Day 2 drive to The Grove and then onto Santa Monica or vice versa. West Hollywood would be slap in the middle of Santa Monica and Hollywood. Alternatively you could stay in Hollywood or Santa Monica which would mean you are 'local' for one day and travelling the next. Hollywood is Leicester Square-esque so busy, touristy, a bit tacky etc.. Santa Monica is beachfront. West Hollywood is walkable, lots of bars and restaurants and not as touristy as Hollywood.

I think that's fine for SD. We had 3 nights and maybe could have done another but we were satisfied with what we saw. Lots of people here adore SD so I'm sure you'll get lots of better advice! I recommend taking the boat of to Coronado Island! We stayed at the Springhill Suites Bayfront and thought it was a great location.

Edited at 12:37 AM.
landandword17 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Sep 20, 10:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Aims
Imagineer

5 nights in San Diego is a nice amount of time 👍

Planning a trip to San Diego? Check out my San Diego planning guide at the link below:

https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1047941
Aims is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Sep 20, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Beth_Disney
Imagineer

The Tangerine in Burbank is often recommended here. We stayed there a few years ago and liked the more laid back atmosphere for of the area, I’ve booked to go again next year. We parked for free and used Uber to get to Universal Studios and Walk of Fame/Hollywood and Highland. You can easily walk to Warner Bros. from The Tangerine.

As landandworld suggested, group the attractions you want to go to so you’re not driving back on yourself. You haven’t mentioned Griffith Observatory as somewhere you want to go to. There are great views of LA from up there and a good view of the Hollywood sign. We even did a little hike before the observatory opened.
Beth_Disney is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List