Notices
Food, Wine, Cooking & Eating Discussion on all things food related. Sharing recipes and giving tips and tricks to great food.

Old 10 Sep 20, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

Maybe a duplicate but housin meatballs ...very nice !

Old 10 Sep 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
Sorry I forgot that bit!

It was chicken, pepper and lemongrass curry
Ah thanks. DH doesn't like lemongrass so it's one I've not chosen.
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by BerkshireBugsy View Post
Maybe a duplicate but housin meatballs ...very nice !

They were really tasty weren't they. You've got more sauce than I had though lol
Anne is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Today a one pot chicken orzo dish.

Not my picture (obviously!) as I stirred the chicken in rather than placing it on top (note to self, read the recipe card properly).

I ran out of time to cook this last week, so froze the chicken and defrosted it to use today. As this was a pulled chicken dish the two chicken fillets were totally different in size, but it wasn’t really an issue.
Was very nice and easy to do, limited washing up. Probably not my favourite of the box, but husband liked it a lot. Possibly Parmesan/Pecorino would have been a better cheese than cheddar. Also a lot less salty than some of the earlier dishes, far fewer ‘add salt and pepper’ instructions. Made a HUGE amount, would easily have served three.

As an aside, I’ve found many recipes on the website, not currently available in boxes, but some good ideas.
We've had that before and enjoyed it
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:17 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Anne View Post
Ah thanks. DH doesn't like lemongrass so it's one I've not chosen.
It would probably be easy to leave it out and I think it would still be tasty.
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Posiesmum View Post
Today a one pot chicken orzo dish.

Not my picture (obviously!) as I stirred the chicken in rather than placing it on top (note to self, read the recipe card properly).

I ran out of time to cook this last week, so froze the chicken and defrosted it to use today. As this was a pulled chicken dish the two chicken fillets were totally different in size, but it wasn’t really an issue.
Was very nice and easy to do, limited washing up. Probably not my favourite of the box, but husband liked it a lot. Possibly Parmesan/Pecorino would have been a better cheese than cheddar. Also a lot less salty than some of the earlier dishes, far fewer ‘add salt and pepper’ instructions. Made a HUGE amount, would easily have served three.

As an aside, I’ve found many recipes on the website, not currently available in boxes, but some good ideas.
We loved this one
mskitty is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Sep 20, 09:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by mskitty View Post
It would probably be easy to leave it out and I think it would still be tasty.
Ah, I might order it then
Old 11 Sep 20, 07:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Anne
VIP Dibber

Tonight's meal was a 10 minute turmeric cod with curried lentils. This portion had most of the lentils. Was ok but wouldn't do it again.

Old 11 Sep 20, 07:55 PM  
Link to this Post
mskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

This was tonight's delight.

It was nice but bizarrely after what I said yesterday about salt, it needed more of it!

The recipe says to put plenty of salt on the cheese after it was browned and I only put a pinch but it did need more.

It was the first all veg recipe we have had. My 12 year old son hates green veg so I blended some of the sauce up to trick him and it worked...he's eaten more tonight than ever before. Not told him yet!
Old 11 Sep 20, 08:00 PM  
Link to this Post
BucksBugsy
All round good bloke

Mobile

This is ours for tonight. Creamy chicken shephards pie ( I thinknuts called). Nice but not my favourite of the week.