UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 21 Sep 20, 12:52 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile Hotels near M25 North but also link to London

Hi all

I’m after a hotel (Premier Inn or similar is fine) that is:

Close to the M25 (the section from roughly Watford to roughly Enfield) but also close enough for a cheap taxi to a tube or overground station into London?

I think that’s the best area for what we want but here are the constraints in case anyone has any other better locations!

We will be heading up from the South West Friday evening so want to try and stay under a four hour drive ish, preferably less but experience tells me that we should get to roughly there on the M25 by that time!

Visiting a relative in hospital in Chelmsford on Saturday afternoon (so less than an hour each way from the hotel)

Then jumping on a train / tube for an evening in London to celebrate my husband’s 50th birthday

Sunday drive home.

I know all the COVID restrictions. But we’ve gone from cruising in Japan, to a weekend in DLP, to a weekend in London, to a surprise meal with friends and family locally which also can’t now happen so I’m just thinking of other things that MAY be possible - won’t be booking yet though it’s only ten days away now 😜

Thanks all
Old 21 Sep 20, 07:49 PM  
Link to this Post
harber78
Excited about Disney

Mercure Noke Saint Albans is near junction 21a M25 and is usually about £60. You can drive to Saint Albans rail station and quick direct train into London.
harber78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by harber78 View Post
Mercure Noke Saint Albans is near junction 21a M25 and is usually about £60. You can drive to Saint Albans rail station and quick direct train into London.
Thank you! We stayed at Junction 22 last time but no direct train close to there (I don’t think).
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
ERICSMUM
Imagineer

Have you ruled out staying in Chelmsford ?
ERICSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Dazed
VIP Dibber

Premier Inn Watford is close to Bushey, Watford High St and Watford Junction stations. Watford Junction - Euston is 15 mins. You can also get the 142 to Stanmore station for the tube (It depends where in London you want to go).

Watford (Junction 19-21) is approx 1.5hrs from Chelmsford though.

Enfield/Waltham cross area (Junction 25) might be closer but don’t think you can get the tube from there.
Dazed is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:47 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by ERICSMUM View Post
Have you ruled out staying in Chelmsford ?
I did consider that!

I’m trying to avoid the 5-6 hours drive on the Friday night and home again on the Sunday...

Just trying to split up some of that drive if you know what I mean?

It should take only four hours but each time we’ve done it it’s taken considerably longer
Old 21 Sep 20, 09:49 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Dazed View Post
Premier Inn Watford is close to Bushey, Watford High St and Watford Junction stations. Watford Junction - Euston is 15 mins. You can also get the 142 to Stanmore station for the tube (It depends where in London you want to go).

Watford (Junction 19-21) is approx 1.5hrs from Chelmsford though.

Enfield/Waltham cross area (Junction 25) might be closer but don’t think you can get the tube from there.
Thank you

However I try and break the journey up it’s grim! Just trying to find a way to make DH’s birthday slightly better than being on the M25 only (but in my attempt to do that maybe I’m making it worse, I can’t decide!)
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
vickitoria10
Dibbing with Tink

We normally stop at the premier inn at Wembley Park. Bit further in but not too bad From the end of the M1. If you’re going at a weekend parking in the underground car park is normally available and really cheap. Smack bang next to the underground station too.

WDW - Oct 2010 - SSR, Sept/Oct 2011 - I-Drive, May 2015 - OKW

DLP - Dec 2013, Jan 2015 - Cheyenne
vickitoria10 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:46 PM  
Link to this Post
KarenG
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by vickitoria10 View Post
We normally stop at the premier inn at Wembley Park. Bit further in but not too bad From the end of the M1. If you’re going at a weekend parking in the underground car park is normally available and really cheap. Smack bang next to the underground station too.
Thank you

That looks a bit further from the M25 than I am after as we are doing that bit four times but ideal that it’s by the underground!
Old 22 Sep 20, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post
400ixl
Imagineer

Mobile

What about staying at Stratford Westfield shopping centre.

You can then get the train to Chelmsford and the central line into London.

Otherwise there is the Premier Inn Enfield which is close to the line into Liverpool Street and Enfield lock station.
400ixl is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List