Notices
TV and Film This forum is for those DIBB members that want to discuss TV and Films.

Old 21 Oct 20, 02:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Have you seen "A Beauful Day in the Neighborhood" Tom Hanks Film.

With all that is happening at the moment, we watched this film and it really was wonderful. Its in tribute to Fred Rogers who I had never heard of.

In the last 2 days, I think I have watched it 4 times, its so calming and Tom Hanks is as usual fabulous.

I have also watched a few of Fred's clips on YouTube one at the Dartmouth University which I cried the whole way through.

Loved every minute of it. x
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 02:02 PM  
Link to this Post
maidmarian
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Nicksgirl View Post
With all that is happening at the moment, we watched this film and it really was wonderful. Its in tribute to Fred Rogers who I had never heard of.

In the last 2 days, I think I have watched it 4 times, its so calming and Tom Hanks is as usual fabulous.

I have also watched a few of Fred's clips on YouTube one at the Dartmouth University which I cried the whole way through.

Loved every minute of it. x
Haven't seen it but will now 🤗
maidmarian is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney332
Imagineer

We gave up after about 1/2 hr.

Nothing to do with the quality of the film, the fascinating insight into a man we had not heard of, nothing to do with Tom Hanks who is superb as usual, but at the moment we are struggling to enjoy anything too deep.

Disney332

Edited at 04:40 PM.
disney332 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:11 PM  
Link to this Post
WIGGYSMUM
VIP Dibber

WIGGYSMUM's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Not yet but I have recorded it , love a Tom Hanks movie
WIGGYSMUM is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Belle
Imagineer

Yes! Watched it last night. It was captivating, and I’d never heard of Fred Rogers either.

DLP New Year 1993, May 05, Mar 07, Jan17 and Sept 22
Orlando 1986, 1991, 1994, 2008, 2012, 2015, 2017 & 2023
Big Belle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Nicksgirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Big Belle View Post
Yes! Watched it last night. It was captivating, and I’d never heard of Fred Rogers either.
I have bought his Tee Shirt, totally in love with him. xx
Econolodge Hawaiian Maingate in its Hey Day ! Villa we won on "Big Breakfast". Hyatt Regency Grand Cypress. POFQ/Sheraton Safari.The wonderful Al Qasr - Dubai. 2008 Luxury and Romance in the wonderful Maldives in a Water Bungalow. 2009 Burj Al Arab/Atlantis/Al Maha.Dubai WOWWIEEE! 2010 5nts Disney's Old Key West/Contemporary./7nts Universals Portofino. 2012 Al Maha Desert Resort & Spa,Dubai and Italy. 2014 -Norfolk, Sirmione Italy, Burj Al Arab/Al Qasr, thank you to my wonderful husband.x
Nicksgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:40 PM  
Link to this Post
MinniMouse
VIP Dibber

MinniMouse's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
DD and I watched this a while ago. Neither of us liked it. May have done had we grown up watching him on the telly. And the music we both found really annoying.
MinniMouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Oct 20, 07:43 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Mobile

I grew up with Mr Rogers. . And he is from my neighborhood. (Pittsburgh)

I haven’t seen the film yet but I want to see it.
BevS97 is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Oct 20, 08:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaspercat10
VIP Dibber

Yes I watched it on Sunday, I thought what the hell is this for the 1st half hour, and then really got into it and loved it x
Old 23 Oct 20, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
novocastrian
Imagineer

I'd never heard of this or Mr Rogers ?

but now i know how the Sopranos episode 'Mr Ruggerios neighbourhood' was named
novocastrian is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List