Notices
ADR's, Dining, Food and Restaurants Anything and Everything to do with Eating.

Old 5 Apr 19, 09:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by EatandPlay View Post
Or just go to Hash House a Go Go and get just about anything. Good luck finishing it. Also, go to Cracker Barrel and get any egg dish along with a side of pancakes. Total will come to about $14 and you'll be stuffed full. That is, if you can finish it all.
Completely agree. I know this debate comes up often but I can honestly say I would starve before I went in GC ! We went to one near the Orlando Eye. It was gross, filthy, the food was just awful. We are not posh or fussy by any stretch but this place was just vile. It must have been bad for neither my son or husband to eat much. Funnily though my daughter who is very fussy did quite like it. Somewhere that serves chocolate for breakfast is her kind of place !

Why would anyone want to "eat as much as you can" anyway ?
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 09:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by colin39 View Post
Wr stopped in a goldern corral last year on route back from keywest, for a spot of brekki, the food was fine, the resturant was dated and we had to wipe our feet ,when we left, the carpets were sticky, ewww
Wiping your feet on the way out-imagine what the kitchens looked like ! Yuk.
Smilesonfaces is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post
bigkid2014
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Sticky carpets, know exactly what you mean! Also, a few years ago we went to Ponderosa on I Drive. The toilets in there were the worst we’ve ever come across in Orlando. Needless to say didn’t use the toilets and didn’t use Ponderosa again.
bigkid2014 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 09:53 AM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

We ate at Golden Corral quite a bit in August, paid about $52 for 5 adults,
I often dont feel hungry at breakfast and being presented with a plate overflowing puts me off, but being able to go up and get lots of small plates suits me - I end up eating a decent amount. The rest of the family love trying new things or having strange combinations
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
DonnaD
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by sam7 View Post
We ate at Golden Corral quite a bit in August, paid about $52 for 5 adults,
I often dont feel hungry at breakfast and being presented with a plate overflowing puts me off, but being able to go up and get lots of small plates suits me - I end up eating a decent amount. The rest of the family love trying new things or having strange combinations
Were you seniors or did you have coupons? I know it didn't cost me $10 per adult.
Old 5 Apr 19, 11:38 AM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Were you seniors or did you have coupons? I know it didn't cost me $10 per adult.
We paid $8.99 for adult breakfast buffet at GC in Feb. Lunch was about the same price, Dinner (after 4pm) was $14.99.

We enjoy a Golden Corral brekkie. Omelettes and eggs were cooked fresh to order and so much better than Denny’s. Also plenty of choice for fussy eaters... and we didn’t stick to the carpets once!

But I have to say that we decided that we prefer Perkins across the road, although not a buffet.
Old 5 Apr 19, 01:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Burgmeister
Imagineer

Burgmeister's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 4
Originally Posted by Smilesonfaces View Post
Why would anyone want to "eat as much as you can" anyway ?
Why wouldn't you?

Just because you don't want to doesn't mean other people don't like to feel full after breakfast (or any other meal for that matter)

Anyway, I can only speak from personal experience and have always found the particular branch that we go to very pleasant. I have never stuck to the carpets and I have had eggs, ommelettes and pancakes all cooked to order.

I get that it isn't for everyone but some people do tend to go over the top with their criticism.

Back tp the OPs original point, give GC a go, if you stick to the carpets or would rather starve than go there again then you have learned something. Or, like about 50% of Dibbers, you will enjoy it.

I think people agree more about Brexit than they do about GC.
Old 5 Apr 19, 01:29 PM  
Link to this Post
olgaandcoda
Imagineer

olgaandcoda's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Try Village Inn, off I Drive, Seaworld area. The portions are huge and we enjoyed a skillet with pancakes on the side. Couldn’t touch the pancakes, we were so full. Freshly cooked. However, we enjoyed GC on 192, near Sherbeth Road last year. Never liked the one on Sandlake Road.
Old 5 Apr 19, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
sam7
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
We had a discount card
sam7 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 19, 01:51 PM  
Link to this Post
ASCollins
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

I used to think GC was amazing but this was back when GC was a change from our usual Denny's/IHOP. Still good value for breakfast (quality Vs cost).
However, Hash House a Go Go is absolutely next level! The Sage Chicken (with waffles or hash) is just staggering! We are detouring from our journey between CBR and Kennedy Space Centre for a HHAGG brekkie.
ASCollins is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List