Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 14 Sep 19, 06:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlandoguy
Imagineer

So sad for people who have lost money/bookings
Orlandoguy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Just an update. I phoned Hilton in Orlando and the lady confirmed my booking, I asked if they had definitely been paid for it, and she was like ‘er, yeah I guess so’.

I had them email me confirmation and they did, all looks ok for now, but I won’t be happy or satisfied till my key is in the room door lock!

Seen Some real horror stories and I hope everyone gets sorted.

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
October 2019 Pier 60 & Highlands Reserve villa fl
May 2020 endless summer and Aventura
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post
johnb
Imagineer

I had a similar problem way back in 2013, when Clever Hotels went out of business. I knew it had happened a couple of weeks before, so I rang my hotel the night before my arrival and they confirmed that my booking was secure.
But when I tried to check in, the manager took me on one side and said that they hadn't been paid, so my room had been cancelled, and they were now fully booked. Which meant I had to start looking for another hotel late at night.
johnb is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:10 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyBB
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by johnb View Post
I had a similar problem way back in 2013, when Clever Hotels went out of business. I knew it had happened a couple of weeks before, so I rang my hotel the night before my arrival and they confirmed that my booking was secure.
But when I tried to check in, the manager took me on one side and said that they hadn't been paid, so my room had been cancelled, and they were now fully booked. Which meant I had to start looking for another hotel late at night.
How awful for you! That is bad of the hotel not at least keeping you a room for the first night.
DisneyBB is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:18 PM  
Link to this Post
dud52221
Trying for More Ears

Yes I was told the same, the advisor told they had received a lot of calls but I should hear from a dispute team handler.
dud52221 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Sep 19, 10:24 PM  
Link to this Post
YorkshireT
Imagineer

Mobile

Originally Posted by Belle x View Post
Managed to get through to the front desk finally!
He’s confirmed our booking is there & has been paid. Fingers crossed we can check in on the 26th!

I hope everyone else manages to get sorted
Just be careful. 'Paid' on the system may mean it's been billed on effectively a bordeaux account, which is paid every month, say. When that isn't paid, suddenly the paid goes to not paid. Not wanting to worry you, as it'll probably be fine, but email and ask it to be confirmed that it's paid and that your room is guaranteed when you turn up.
Old 15 Sep 19, 05:19 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

another danger is depending how the hotel has been paid for they reverse a made payment essentially via a charge back or indemnity
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 06:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

I’m hating this, I feel in limbo as not sure whether to believe the hotel receptionist that all is ok, and to delve deeper with them and make sure they have been paid already by their supplier.

I have noticed on my confirmation that the supplier is called Meeting Point N. America, and a quick google suggests they are a bed bank amongst other things, so I wonder if they have been paid or whether they will attempt to cancel the booking as soon as possible.

The email I sent the hotel on Friday still hasnt been answered, but it is the weekend and the Amoma news only came out late on Friday night so will have to give it a couple more days.

So frustrating as a ‘planner’ I just want to get on with things!

Easter 2011 Legacy Park Villa fl. Aug/Sept 2013 Thousand Oaks Villa fl. April 2015 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa fl. May 2017 the sanctuary, West Haven villa Fl.
Cocobean121 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
sannyysan
Getting Excited

Mobile

We’ve just had an email from Loews to advise that our room has been cancelled as no payment made!

Ours was also through a company in America via AMOMA called New World Travel! I’m annoyed because the emails dated Friday and yet when I called Loews yesterday they advised me all was okay 😰 need to get re booked I’m so annoyed

1998,1999,2000,2004,2006,2008,2009,2011, 2013, 2015, 2017 2019 Holidays with the Mouse!
sannyysan is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Sep 19, 06:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Cocobean121
Imagineer

Originally Posted by sannyysan View Post
We’ve just had an email from Loews to advise that our room has been cancelled as no payment made!

Ours was also through a company in America via AMOMA called New World Travel! I’m annoyed because the emails dated Friday and yet when I called Loews yesterday they advised me all was okay 😰 need to get re booked I’m so annoyed
Oh no I really feel for you, you had your flight cancelled too didn’t you? What a whole load of hassle.

What you’ve just had done to you is what I fear will happen to me, as I wrote a little while ago, I actually phoned Hilton Universal from the UK and the front desk told me the booking was fine and sent me confirmation, but I don’t think the front desk have access to the accounts and whether it’s been paid or will be expected when we check in, from Amoma or whoever. They won’t get it! I’m only wondering if, as it’s a big corporation, that they insist on payment upfront, but if Loews haven’t been paid then this is probably wrong.

Good luck in getting your money back and finding something else.