Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 24 Sep 19, 10:31 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile Turning up at the airport to no flights

So reading various Facebook groups their are claims of people been turned away at the airport due to no space on the flights.

At this stage in really panicking the hotel won’t be of any help of any kind (understandable) I’m just worried If this happens to us or the flight is delayed beyond the end of our stay where does that leave us?

Perhaps I’m overthinking it but I hate been out of control (control freak!)
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Sep 19, 11:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Agree with MH, when he isn't posting about Costa he tends to talk sense
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 12:44 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

Worst scenario there are plenty of hotel rooms in Florida, a hotel close to your airport with a free shuttle (so no car essential) and pool is the worst scenario. If you are worried you won't have enough funds talk to your insurance company . Once you've satisfied your inner control freak that you have contingency plans in place in the event of "what if" you can get back to enjoying the rest of your holiday.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 01:16 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Guest View Post
Agree with MH, when he isn't posting about Costa he tends to talk sense
What? Have you posted on the incorrect thread, from what I can see MH has no bearing on this thread.
Old 25 Sep 19, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by ChrisS View Post
What? Have you posted on the incorrect thread, from what I can see MH has no bearing on this thread.
There was a new user Mickey-House last night who posted on here and elsewhere. Their posts have now gone. Don’t know if they were the real MH with a ‘pseudonym’ or a fan.

I posted on this and another thread but then deleted my emails when the new M-H went.

Clear as mud, Chris?

TC

Edited at 07:26 AM.
tocpe321 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

I can only assume the reason for no space is for 1 of 2 reasons

1) Smaller aircraft than TC use
2) People turning up for flights that they aren't booked on

If it's number 1 then i'm sure that the CAA officials at the airport will look to move people via alternative flights indirect as they can only work with the available planes they could get their hands on due to lots of wet leasing due to 737 max & dreamliner issues.

If it's number 2 then it's down to poor communication or lack of understanding that you don't need to go home immediately, you should carry on your holiday and make your way to the airport on your scheduled departure date.
Old 25 Sep 19, 09:27 AM  
Link to this Post
RickT
Imagineer

Originally Posted by thatdavieguy View Post
I can only assume the reason for no space is for 1 of 2 reasons

1) Smaller aircraft than TC use
2) People turning up for flights that they aren't booked on

If it's number 1 then i'm sure that the CAA officials at the airport will look to move people via alternative flights indirect as they can only work with the available planes they could get their hands on due to lots of wet leasing due to 737 max & dreamliner issues.

If it's number 2 then it's down to poor communication or lack of understanding that you don't need to go home immediately, you should carry on your holiday and make your way to the airport on your scheduled departure date.
or option 3 of the airlines just overbooking like they always do, however due to the TC issues, theres more tourist people trying to travel on the same flights who are less likely to be a no show.
Las Vegas 18 - Florida 18 -Holland 18 -Bratislava 18 -Florida 17 -Holland 17 -Rhodes 17 - Kos 17 - France 16-Belgium 16-Holland 16-Germany 16-Sopot Poland 15-Kos 15-DLP SQL 15-Hampton Lakes 14-Hamburg 14- Berlin 13-WestRidge Villas 12-Krakow 12-France 11-Turkey 11-Germany 10-Marbella 10-Jamaica 09-Dublin 09-Dublin 08-Paris 08-Zante Villa 08-Egypt 2008-Rhodes 2008-Sweden 08-Norway 08-Rhodes 07- Huatulco Mexico 07-DLP Magic Circus 2007-Dublin 2007-Sweden 07-Greece 06/05/04-Barcelona 04-Rhodes 02
RickT is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 11:18 AM  
Link to this Post
PPM
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by RickT View Post
or option 3 of the airlines just overbooking like they always do, however due to the TC issues, theres more tourist people trying to travel on the same flights who are less likely to be a no show.
Now answer me this. Why would the CAA overbook one of their own flights? Surely now?
PPM is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 01:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Peko
Imagineer

Originally Posted by PPM View Post
Now answer me this. Why would the CAA overbook one of their own flights? Surely now?
It probably wouldn’t, not intentionally anyway. However, not all the repatriation flights are exclusive CAA charters, it is taking seats on scheduled carriers too. Obviously the CAA is not in full control of inventory on those flights.
Peko is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Sep 19, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
scottsman
Apprentice Imagineer

Mobile

Thanks for the advice guys I’m trying to remain calm on the service and not upset my mother who I’m travelling with!
scottsman is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List