Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 21 Feb 21, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Facebook memories

They keep taunting me 🙄. It's our anniversary this week and the last few years we started going away for a short trip at the end of Feb. Now Facebook memories start popping up of preparing to fly to Barcelona, and there will be plenty more this week I think. Nice to look back on but it's making me restless for things to return to normality.
The annoying thing is that last year we gave it a miss as we were due to fly to Florida in April. Wish we'd know how things were going, we'd have squeezed in a trip away
93 94 03 2023 DLP

Edited at 09:52 AM.
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 09:58 AM  
Link to this Post
parisdisneyfan
Imagineer

I like some memories but this time of year I don’t as I was flying up and down to Edinburgh as my Dad was dying, I don’t need to be reminded of that. So if anyone knows how to switch it off please let me know!
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:06 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Originally Posted by parisdisneyfan View Post
I like some memories but this time of year I don’t as I was flying up and down to Edinburgh as my Dad was dying, I don’t need to be reminded of that. So if anyone knows how to switch it off please let me know!
That's a difficult one for you x I'm sorry I don't know how to turn off memories, it just shows me that I have memories that day .
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
Scotsmomma2
Imagineer

If you go to Facebook memories and click on the wee cog, you can turn off your memories, it must be difficult seeing them.
Scotsmomma2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:11 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

Oh that’s rubbish. Definitely not something to be reminded off. You can adjust the settings of your memories by using the little wheel in the top right corner when on the memories page (when on the app) It allows you to stop them altogether or hide certain dates. Hope that helps xxx

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
NewtoOrlando
VIP Dibber

NewtoOrlando's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Mobile

I love them but hate them at the same time! In the early days of using Facebook, memories have shown what a moaning Myrtle I was 😂 honestly, every post was a moan about something haha. August is tough for me as we always go away the last 2 weeks, so it’s days and days of holiday memories! But then when it’s the kids birthdays I quite like them as can look back at pics seeing how much they’ve grown ☺️

Miami/CBR/RPR/Bahama Bay Aug 16
Deerfield Beach/HRH/POFQ/Contemporary/Westridge - Aug 18
New York - Westin Grand Central - Nov 18
Disneyland Paris - Hotel Cheyenne - Dec 18
All Star Sport/POFQ/Aylesbury Villa/Deerfield Beach - Oct 19
Miami/Hard Rock hotel/Pop Century/Legacy Park Dibb Villa - Aug 2022

Saratoga Springs/Rosen Plaza - Dec 2024
NewtoOrlando is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 11:28 AM  
Link to this Post
justacey
Apprentice Imagineer

My facebook memory was us being in Las Vegas 6 years ago today.

I've been clicking on memories every day recently to delete rubbish ones.
justacey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
caj
VIP Dibber

caj's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Mobile

I sometimes wonder about posting but only shared with me, so memories pop up and remind me, without overposting to my friends. I like seeing them, I don't post daily holiday photos so don't get too many reminders. I frequently have days with no memories at all. I've then actively hunted for something to post so next year I'll have something!
caj is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Feb 21, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post
ClaireNJ
Imagineer

Originally Posted by JudyC View Post
They keep taunting me 🙄. It's our anniversary this week and the last few years we started going away for a short trip at the end of Feb. Now Facebook memories start popping up of preparing to fly to Barcelona, and there will be plenty more this week I think. Nice to look back on but it's making me restless for things to return to normality.
The annoying thing is that last year we gave it a miss as we were due to fly to Florida in April. Wish we'd know how things were going, we'd have squeezed in a trip away
I feel your pain
FB memories today, Flew off for the Seville Marathon last year before the world changed forever ☹️😷

Edited at 11:55 AM.
ClaireNJ is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List