Notices
UK Holiday Planning & Days Out For UK Holiday planning and experiences

Old 25 Feb 21, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

That's why I booked with free cancellation a few weeks ago. Supply and demand will mean some places take advantages to recoup their losses
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Feb 21, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
catlady
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
We've decided 3-4 weeks ago to take my elderly parents away for a week at the end if June. I started short listing a few and sent them to hubby to look at, we needed ground floor bedroom for them, 2 dogs and secure garden so only ended up with 3 to choose from out of hundreds! By the time we decided on one I went back to book and it had gone up £250 for our week 😤. This was before Boris's announcement too! I then looked at the other shortlisted properties, and another had gone up £200, but the other was the same price so I ended up booking that even though it wasn't my favourite! 🤷 They weren't cheap to start with in my opinion so very shocked at the rise in prices ☹.
Old 25 Feb 21, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
P&S
Imagineer

I went on to book a cottage I had seen for 7 people ( 1 a child under 5) for 4 nights and it has tripled in price! It's outside school holidays and not even near the coast! As much as I realise they need to recoup some losses I really think that is downright greedy It wasn't that cheap to begin with as well!
Old 27 Feb 21, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
borntoshop
Imagineer

Mobile

We stayed in a nice cottage in Whitby last September. It sleeps 6, 3 bathrooms and one of the bedrooms has an en suite wet room and is on the ground floor. Small enclosed patio and they allow two dogs. Even a log burner if it's cold. We're paying £550 for a week in September but we paid a deposit last year so I'm not sure if the prices have changed.
Nov/Dec 03-Orlando Villa/DLP Sept 04-Greece Nov/Dec 05-Orlando Villa 2007-New Hampshire ski-ing Orlando BWL & Villa 25 Dec 08 Florida New York 2010 New Hampshire 2011 New Hampshire 2012 Florida 2013 North Conway Christmas 2014
borntoshop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 12:22 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandoamber
Imagineer

My advice would definitely to keep refreshing your search if you haven’t already booked.

We are going to Devon in June - taking our rescue dog on his first holiday! When we looked a couple of months ago the prices were extortionate for what we were getting and of course we are more limited wanting to take a dog. I refreshed our search almost every day for a few weeks and eventually a new cottage came on that we liked and we booked straight away for under £600 for the week - it’s a lovely modern, newly refurbished place too. A few other new ones had come on at reasonable prices while I was looking too but this one was just what we were after.

So don’t give up, there definitely are new places coming on that probably won’t be quite so extortionately priced. You just have to get in there quick!
orlandoamber is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
Smilesonfaces
Imagineer

Smilesonfaces's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by orlandoamber View Post
My advice would definitely to keep refreshing your search if you haven’t already booked.

So don’t give up, there definitely are new places coming on that probably won’t be quite so extortionately priced. You just have to get in there quick!
I would agree I was looking for ages for Cornwall. Everything was extortionate £1500 pw+ I kept looking and I had to also stop being quite as fussy as I had been ! I have now booked a newly listed house with free cancellation at £800 pw.
Smilesonfaces is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
MarkUK
Imagineer

Mobile

I feel sorry for those who always holiday in the U.K. because they can’t afford to go abroad. Now many of them won’t get a holiday at all this year due to the prices.
MarkUK is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Mar 21, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Edie ray
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by MarkUK View Post
I feel sorry for those who always holiday in the U.K. because they can’t afford to go abroad. Now many of them won’t get a holiday at all this year due to the prices.
Yes this is my Mum and Dad, they have enough money for one holiday a year in June or September, not sure that will be happening now with the prices

I offer to pay for them but they won’t have it
Edie ray is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post
linder
Imagineer

linder's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 5
Just see a cottage in Torbay 2 bed it’s £1925 for 7 nights, no way would I pay that,
linder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Mar 21, 04:29 AM  
Link to this Post
duchy
Imagineer

It’s pure profiteering , on principle I won’t pay it.
We are paying normal prices for Devon in April (we go most years at this time) and aren’t bothered we will be cooking for ourselves or getting take out that early most likely.
We booked this week.
duchy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List