Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 14 Mar 19, 12:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Roo n Pip
New Poster (5)

:) Discovery Cove & Universal Help

Hi All,
Need some advice as this is our first trip in August 7th-30th 2019, booking DC towards the end of our trip 27th. Would I need to book earlier to allow for bad weather?
Also would it be better to pay extra for the fast passes for Universal if one of our party gets the assisted pass? We've looked at booking a nights stay to get the two days FP free. Unsure if the assisted pass is same as the fast pass.

Thanks all advice welcomed.
Roo n Pip is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 08:27 PM  
Link to this Post
MrsHonestBob
Proud to wear my Ears

I would book discovery cove at the start of your holiday. That way if you need to reschedule due to bad weather then you have options.
I’m not sure about the assisted passes but we booked RPR to get fol passes last year and it worked well for us. The last week of August is quiet so you wouldn’t need them then.
MrsHonestBob is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 09:25 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

I would agree about booking DC towards the beginning of the holiday just in case you need to reschedule.

There is some more information about the assistance passes here:- orlandoinformer/universa...istance-passes
It appears that whilst you will probably use the same entrance as the fotlp at most rides, it won’t entitle you to immediate access but gives you a time equivalent to the length of the standby queue when you can come back and join the fotlp queue (if that makes sense!)
ally1966 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Mar 19, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Bootrip2
VIP Dibber

Universal will give you a return time for the fastpass queue, so you will use the same lane.
Old 14 Mar 19, 10:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Blue nose
Imagineer

Mobile

I'd book DC for your first Saturday or Sunday. They only allow limited numbers so on what could be a busy day in a park will be ok
Blue nose is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List