Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Closed Thread

Old 13 Jun 15, 06:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Brave5
Apprentice Imagineer

My niece is there now in the same program but at the Contemporary - my sister will be there next week for a visit. I have passed this on to her so hope your daughter is there when they visit
Brave5 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jun 15, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Originally Posted by Brave5 View Post
My niece is there now in the same program but at the Contemporary - my sister will be there next week for a visit. I have passed this on to her so hope your daughter is there when they visit
Where is your niece in the Contemporary? We're staying at BLT next month.
Old 14 Jun 15, 11:44 AM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

I will look out for her, we always eat at Columbia Harbour House. My cousin is flying out to Orlando tomorrow to work in Cabana Bay Resort for the Summer.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 15, 03:32 PM  
Link to this Post
mpark90
Excited about Disney

mpark90's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Heyy! I did this program a couple of times, I just returned in January, she will feel better soon, the first few weeks are always the hardest - no one likes to be the 'new girl' at any job and you are still meeting people, in a few weeks once she is fully trained and has made loads of new friends, she will soon be having the best summer of her life
mpark90 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 15, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
ally1966
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations to your DD on landing the job. I hope that she overcomes her home sickness and has a fantastic time!
Old 14 Jun 15, 06:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Tigger85
Stuck in the Tower of Terror

I second mpark90's thoughts. I did a program a couple of years ago. Getting to grips with transport, weather, culture etc can be tough, but tell her to stick it out, attend as many organised social events as possible and im sure there are groups on facebook for people from the UK to organise social activities too
Tigger85 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 15, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
IlDivoette
Imagineer

IlDivoette's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
We are going to eat there for the first time in a few weeks, so will definitely look out for her. It must be so exciting and scary at the same time, but what an opportunity, and an amazing memory to make

Highlands Reserve-03/West Haven-04/Calabay Park-06/Aviana-07/Legacy Park-08/Watersong & HRH-10
Marco Island 12/SSR 12/Lake Berkley12 / PBH 2015 / SSR 2015 / Solterra 2015 / YC 2018
IlDivoette is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jun 15, 11:18 PM  
Link to this Post
emilou
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Bella1 View Post
The accommodation is taken straight from their salary, it is just by Publix at the bottom of I-drive, it just looks like holiday accommodation, DD loved it (except for the water leak and the lone cockroach!)
yes you are right sorry (apparently I don't listen to what DH says haha) it comes out of her salary but she is at LBV just across from the outlets

Thanks everyone for your heartwarming comments she is feeling better and says they all find her accent 'adorable' and they love that she is Alice from England ..her fellow CMs call her 'Alice in Wonderland' - cute
Old 15 Jun 15, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
clandestinegir
Excited about Disney

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 16
Mobile

We don't go until Oct but I'm so glad to hear that she is starting to settle in.
I'm sure she will have a fantastic time :-)
Old 15 Jun 15, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

what a wonderful experiance i would have loved to do something like that hope she settles in soon . my step dd would have loved to have done something like that but since shes filled her face full of bits of metal and covered herself in tattoos i doubt that it would happen.