Notices
Beyond the Parks Attractions that are not covered by the main Theme Parks.

Old 2 Jun 19, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Mobile Basketball games while in Florida

Hi all,

We are staying at AKL next year. Our son will be 10 and he loves basketball (he plays for a local kids team and goes to the Glasgow Rocks games when we can). We have also seen the Harlem Globetrotters a few times now and I think it would be wonderful to surprise him with a basketball game when we were in Florida. However I don’t know where to start with finding tickets, what team is better to see it even if they play end of May beginning of June.

Any help is very much appreciated.
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
Ridersmom
Imagineer

I am not a sports fan but I think you will betoo late for any basketball. I do know it is a winter sport, the college playoffs are in March and I suspect pro playoffs in April.

You may find a baseball game.
Ridersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
PrincessCastle
Apprentice Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 50
We saw Orlando Magics vs NY Knicks when we went on our 2012 trip. We got our tickets on ticketmaster and collected them at the stadium before the match.

This was in November though and I'm not sure what months the season pans over. Hopefully you can find something for him.
1999 - Hotel Cheyene DLP * 2002 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2003 - Quality Inn I-Drive * 2006 - Explorers Hotel DLP * 2012 - Rosen Inn I-Drive * 2014 - New Port Bay DLP * 2016 - Beach Club * 2018 - Give Kids The World Village

IG:alixbennettx
PrincessCastle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
BarryL
Imagineer

The NBA regular season runs from October to April (with playoffs running April - June).
Unless they go pretty deep into the playoffs you'll not be able to catch an Orlando Magic game. It's pretty unlikely given this season's results

College basketball is out too unfortunately as this is November through to March Madness
BarryL is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jun 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Mobile

Thank you, at least we know now it’s probably not a possibility. Can we buy any replica basketball strips from anywhere?
Connorsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jun 19, 10:58 PM  
Link to this Post
mseagle
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Connorsmummy View Post
Thank you, at least we know now it’s probably not a possibility. Can we buy any replica basketball strips from anywhere?
Orlando Magics are the local team. Most sports shops will have replica shirts or go to the club shop at the Amway Centre.
Not sure when the new NBA experience at Disney Springs is open but worth investigating

Beautiful 4 Bedroom Villa with private pool and spa on the popular High Grove Community

Lovely view over a conservation area

Villa website : www.floridavillausa.com
mseagle is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
PoohBears#1fan
Imagineer

As has been said, you're out of season so very unlikely to catch a game, but as the pp mentioned, have a look at taking him to the new NBA Experience at Disney Springs. It opens on 12th August this year and does look amazing for a basketball fan

My DS is a huge basketball fan (watching and playing) he can't wait to get here next time he comes out with us.

Wild Africa Trek photo report

PoohBears#1fan is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 19, 12:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

Unlucky with your timings as the NBA is a brilliant night out.

If your looking for Orlando Magic merch your best bet is at the club shop at the Amway centre.

If your not bothered about the most up to date kits the Nike outlet at Vineland will have Magic t shirts etc.
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 19, 09:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Connorsmummy
Trying for More Ears

Thank you this is a great help, the NBA experience has just been added to the list of things to do , Happy Boy = Happy Mum & Skint dad lol
Old 6 Jun 19, 11:48 AM  
Link to this Post
Jimmy Mac
Trainee Dibber

I'm the exact same with my kids its good to know about these things but not good on the pocket
Jimmy Mac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List