Notices
Accommodation Hotels, Resorts, Villas Questions and Info

Old 31 Jul 19, 03:46 PM  
Link to this Post
jwkav10
Earning More Ears

We stopped in Formosa Gardens in 2016.

The villas are huge - there was 5 couples and a very excited 5 year old. We never really felt on top of each other which I think is the most important thing. I also like how it is a gated community, really quiet and loved the lake view we had. I can tell you that as a lad who grew up on a council estate, this felt like Mansions Paradise. The size of some of them are insane.

The location is great, you have Buffalo Wild Wings/ Outback/ Winn-dixies/ Cracker Barrell all really close - and then the whole 192 to choose from. It's ridiculously close to Disney and it has the added benefit of being able to take the little shortcut of Sherberth Road to Animal Kingdom.

Only haven't been back there because it's just been myself and my partner for the last couple of trips - but for a big group it's perfect

Edited at 03:48 PM.
jwkav10 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 03:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Thankyou all, I think decision has been made!
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 04:57 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Don't suppose any of you stayed at St Andrews villa there did you?
Twinniemum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 07:22 PM  
Link to this Post
youre-nicked
VIP Dibber

I was there in 2017 and its a lovely location, would go again.

Check through some of the other posts as someone has stayed in a villa there this week and apparently its awful, make sure its not the same one before booking.
Old 31 Jul 19, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Nordboy
Excited about Disney

We've got a 7 bedroom in Formosa booked for the last 2 weeks in August. We've stayed in Formosa many years ago, but always stayed in that area since. Looking forward to going back. The area is great.
Nordboy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 08:58 PM  
Link to this Post
wendywhite
Imagineer

We are staying in a 7 bed, 7 bath in formosa gardens in 2 weeks time! Booked it through homeaway, will let you know how it is. There are certain large villas (not formosa gardens), advertised on the dibb that we have stayed at and would advise you about if you were thinking of them, pm me?
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
NikkiT
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by DonnaD View Post
Fantastic location for Disney and access to restaurants. You can walk to a few but a 5 minute drive will give you a much bigger choice. It is a gated community of mainly large houses on bigger plots than most of the newer ones. No community facilities except an unmanned gate that I am aware of but a very desirable community.

When are you going? The nearest supermarket is closed (abit far to carry shopping anyway TBH). It may be turned into a small neighborhood Walmart store but no work has started yet. There is a large Walmart, Target and Publix within a 5 minute drive though.
Hi does this mean the Win-Dixie is closed? We go next Wednesday and was planning on doing a quick shop on the way to the villa ...
1998 Villa 2000 Southern Dunes 2004 Southern Dunes - Wedding & Honeymoon! 2005 Southern Dunes 2007 Best Western Lakeside just the 2 of us 2010 Best Western Lakeside & toddler makes 3! 2012 Indian Creek 2013 Indian Creek 2014 Indian Creek 2015 Indian Creek for my 40th! 2016 1st time on site @ CBR 2017 1st time @ POR 2018 1st time @ Halloween & CBR again 2019 Indian Creek 2020 Cancelled 2023 Indian Creek
NikkiT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Jul 19, 09:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Twinniemum
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by wendywhite View Post
We are staying in a 7 bed, 7 bath in formosa gardens in 2 weeks time! Booked it through homeaway, will let you know how it is. There are certain large villas (not formosa gardens), advertised on the dibb that we have stayed at and would advise you about if you were thinking of them, pm me?
Ah thanks, but I've looked on The Dibb already and none available for our dates unfortunately. Do you know the name of the one you're staying in this year? We also found ours on HomeAway and vr360homes x
Old 31 Jul 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
wendywhite
Imagineer

Yea we r staying in star lake villa, formosa gardens.
Old 31 Jul 19, 11:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by NikkiT View Post
Hi does this mean the Win-Dixie is closed? We go next Wednesday and was planning on doing a quick shop on the way to the villa ...
Yes it closed down a few months back. The new Walmart is close though
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List