Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 2 Aug 19, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

Mobile

In regards to the dining plans .. you don’t have to use every table service credit every day😉you could have a couple of days where you eat quick service meals or even leave the parks or pay out of pocket for a meal. That means one day you could dine at a 2TS credit place. We’ve done this before ... the key to it all is remembering they are your meal credits to use as you wish however once they are gone you will need to pay cash for any other meals. As others have said some of the best meals we've enjoyed having not been at Signature restaurants but you have all the options there to use if you wish to.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:12 AM  
Link to this Post
wanye
Imagineer

Originally Posted by wifey View Post
In regards to the dining plans .. you don’t have to use every table service credit every day😉you could have a couple of days where you eat quick service meals or even leave the parks or pay out of pocket for a meal. That means one day you could dine at a 2TS credit place. We’ve done this before ... the key to it all is remembering they are your meal credits to use as you wish however once they are gone you will need to pay cash for any other meals. As others have said some of the best meals we've enjoyed having not been at Signature restaurants but you have all the options there to use if you wish to.
if we were doing 14 nights, i would save up the TS credits, but as we're only doing 5ish nights, we want to eat every day, and doing 2ts places on deluxe ddp seems like the way to go
wanye is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Aug 19, 09:22 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
if we were doing 14 nights, i would save up the TS credits, but as we're only doing 5ish nights, we want to eat every day, and doing 2ts places on deluxe ddp seems like the way to go
Agree with that. We only did five nights in February and there is no way I would have gone offsite.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 07:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Mexy02
VIP Dibber

Mexy02's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Have you priced up Dvc ? It’s a lot cheaper to stay in the deluxe resorts and you get free parking inc . You would have to pay for meals but you may still find this cheaper . The Dvc rooms tend to be a little nicer with a small kitchen area which gives some flexibility with meals.
Yacht club / Bahama bay oct/Nov 2019 , poly
Nov 2022 boulder ridge, Polynesian , AOA and Bahama bay
Sept 24 POFQ
Mexy02 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

Mobile

We priced up on site and off site and there was 1000 difference. But by the time you add all the food on (we have qsdp) from stopping offsite and the other hassles such as transportation we went with onsite.
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:55 AM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Originally Posted by wanye View Post
it is? i'm surprised! we thought then would be good as it would be cheap
It's the most expensive time outside of Christmas (higher than July/August usually)

It's Easter and it's spring break...

Myself id avoid spring break I like to stay away from lagered up uni students partying all hours. Now in a 400 room you'll miss a lot of that, but they will still be in the parks and I Drive etc.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 09:11 PM  
Link to this Post
tink111
Apprentice Imagineer

tink111's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have been to Florida many times always with my family and they've always opted for offsite! I have stayed in POR for 3 nights without dining plan before and it was fab... this really was a one off though- always do a villa!

This year it is just me and my partner for two weeks and we have opted for a week at POFQ... I thought it was a great deal so went for it. We are booked to stay in September with the DDP ( upgraded for £170 for 2 from QS ) with the $100 gift card, tickets, memory maker etc for £2200 ... a great deal from Disney I would say!

This could be due to time of year as I originally looked for august and it came out at considerably more without the DDP!

Happy Planning
tink111 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List