Notices
Trip Planning Florida Florida Holiday Planning Questions, Suggestions and Tips.

Old 5 Aug 19, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

Mobile Getting back through security at manchester

Fil has just informed us that he cant pick us up on our return leg. So no I'm going to have to book train tickets. Any idea how long it will take to get back through security at manchester? Flight is scheduled for 6.05am landing but we all know that can fluctuate like mad ... I know transpennine do there 3 hour push back on airport tickets but I'm not sure what time to book for in the first place ... any help would be appreciated! First time flying out of anywhere that isnt newcastle so I'm already confuses so this hasn't helped thanks in advance
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasgirl
Imagineer

I would probably look for 8.30am onwards. You can always grab a coffee or breakfast in arrivals if early.
Don't forget flight could have a delay as well as time through security
Christmas/New Year 1999/2000 Indian Ridge Villa, May 2001 Fort Lauderdale /I Drive/Port Charlotte/Key West/Miami, May 2005 Westhaven Villa, April 2006 Rotunda Villa/Highlands Reserve Villa, June 2007 Sanibel Villa/Grand Cypress Villas, Christmas/New Year 2010/2011 Lake Wilson Preserve Villa, July/Aug 2012 reunion resort villa, Nov 2012 new York new York!
floridasgirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Thankyou yeah I was looking at about half 9 trans pennine let you pay an extra Ł10 to book a movable ticket it gives you 3 hours if the flights delayed. So I'm going to do that just couldn't work out what the best time to book the ticket was so thanks
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:46 AM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

There was a little cafe area on the platform but it’s not huge, you can shelter there from the weather while you wait for your train though. It’s not cheap but the bacon sarnies were tasty and the tea and coffee was decent. Just remember to pop to the loo before you exit the airport though. We’ve tried to get a train close to 9 am before to allow for delays coming home plus queues at the security lines and baggage collection. It’s worked out in the past.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:14 PM  
Link to this Post
CrispyA
Imagineer

We were due in at 6.50am and even though our flight landed about 15 mins late, we still had 10 minutes to spare at the station for our 7.50 train. An hour and half should be plenty
CrispyA is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
silverfox46
Imagineer

We also travel back to the North East via Trans Pennine.

This year flight lands 6.55 so booked train for 8.30 to allow time for any delays with luggage and walk distance to station. No way am I racing. If we are early then going to relax in airport with a coffee.

Not sure but something tells me I’ve read you need to allow at least 1 hour from landing
silverfox46 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 10:50 PM  
Link to this Post
dave
Imagineer

By security I presume you mean Immigration / Border force, 2 totally different jobs in an airport.
Sunset lakes 01, Weston Hills 03,Indian Ridge 04, Davenport 04, Westridge 06 & 07, Florida Pines 08, Lake Berkley 09, Windsor Hills 10, Emerald Island 12, Westridge 13, Legacy Park 15, Eagle Pointe 16, Loma Linda & Windsor Hills 17, Westridge 18, Bella Vida 19
FLORIDA MASTERS WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2015
HOLIDAY GENIE / TRAVELUP WORST TRAVEL AGENT 2016
dave is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Aug 19, 11:04 PM  
Link to this Post
wifey
Imagineer

As a U.K. citizen it shouldn’t take that long to clear border control, just have your passports at the ready for them to see it only takes a couple of minutes to clear each family. Then you are on your way. It honestly took very little time when we came through two years ago.
1998 Comfort Inn LBV, 2000 AS Music, 2002 Spring Hill Suites LLB, 2004 AS Movies, 2005 Comfort Inn LBV& Sequoia Lodge DLRP, 2007 AS Movies. September 2009 Port Orleans French Quarter, Yacht Club August 2013 "Club Level" WL August 2015, CBR Celebrating 26 Years Together October 2017.
wifey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 19, 01:11 AM  
Link to this Post
ChrisS
Imagineer

Transpennine Express have a 3 hour Easement; if your aircraft is delayed and you miss your train the ticket desk will countersign your tickets to travel on the next train free of charge, no need for an 'anytime' ticket. TPE stipulate you must leave a minimum of an hour between landing to train, which is what we do. We've had need to use the Easement 3 times over many years, the ticket desk simply look at their arrivals TV, countersign and off you go. You do not need any proof from the airline.

I'm surprised so many are unaware of TPE's Easement. See 'Coming home' on THIS TPE page.
Old 6 Aug 19, 06:25 AM  
Link to this Post
themeparksandy
Imagineer

It depends on what day your landing. In any airport I landed on a Sunday I waited ages in the baggage hall just for the cases to start coming off.
themeparksandy is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List