Notices
Theme Parks Florida Rides, Attractions, Genie+ Questions and Info.

Old 12 Aug 19, 04:12 PM  
Link to this Post
guinness_79
Very Serious Dibber

Universal during HHN season

We are going in October and will be our first visit when HHN is running - we aren't attending these however wondered what the impact was on the park during the day in terms of getting around the park, general atmosphere and how the park looks...
guinness_79 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Aug 19, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
thatdavieguy
Imagineer

During the day the park is just as it usually is, as the day goes on you'll see the HHN attendees start to filter in and that's when the atmosphere changes from our experience.

Park closes early for non-HHN ticket holders and that's when the full changeover takes place.
Old 12 Aug 19, 08:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Squidgyness
Very Serious Dibber

Last 2 times we went during HHN season (2017 it started a few days in, 2018 the whole trip) and the only effects I noticed were that Citywalk eateries can get a bit crowded around 4.30ish as people come in and grab a bite before the party and that it was quite quiet I thought, I always wonder if AP/single day visitors stay away or not but who knows.

For us the 4-4.30 shut time had zero impact as we were going over multiple days and had express pass. We just took it as a sign that we should head back to citywalk for some food (hence the above statement RE: eateries) and then hit the pool/watch some tv in our lovely rooms.

Then again we aren't exactly open till close people anyway so YMMV. There will be a few props scattered about, all covered up save a few pumpkins as I recall, and one crashed UFO that was quite interesting to see. All in all, we thought September was a great time to visit even if not doing the party (we didn't.)
96/98/03/06/09 - Offsite Kissimmee/I-Drive
17/18 - Universal RPR
Squidgyness is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Aug 19, 05:31 PM  
Link to this Post
pezilla
Serious Dibber

Mobile

Found it to be the quietest I've seen the parks during the day . Islands will get busy from four on as people swap parks .
Old 14 Aug 19, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post
shrek1609
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

I love Universal at Halloween yet dont like HHN.

The park is usually quietish during the day, gets busier from about 4ish.

We are staying at Hard Rock again for a week in September, and we plan to spend Monday and Tuesday evenings in the studios (as these are the only nights there's no HHN).
Other than that we will spend days at studios and evenings at IofA. As we stay onsite and have fotl passes it impacts us minimally.

Citywalk/restaurants do however get very busy about 4-6:30pm so I'd advise booking if you have somewhere you particularly want to eat.
2013 A level celebrations Mum & daughter HRH/RPR/Rosen@Pointe
2008 All the family Regal Palms/HRH
shrek1609 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Aug 19, 11:45 AM  
Link to this Post
mattyped
slightly serious Dibber

Mobile

I'm sure it's only on 4 or 5 nights a week wed/thurs thru sunday.
mattyped is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List